Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-14-2022, 07:58 PM   #1

Our Hybrid

We own a 17’ hybird it is a 2007 and my wife and I plus two English Setters live in it for three months in the winter. We start one month at Fort Wilderness then St. Petersburg. This old trailer has lasted a long time and had been from California to Pennsylvania two times. Florida and all over the USA.
We do maintenance every summer. This trailer has been worth every dollar we spent on it. Soon we are going to replace it for a new one or a pop up we are not sure. We see the prices of new trailers but if you do maintenance they will last. We will purchase Jayco again. Very nice ultra lite trailer. Thank you Jayco.
campersam9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:55 PM   #2

We really like our 23B. It has been a very good TT for us. I wish they did not discontinued the HTT line this past year .

We are talking about changing to an Eagle HT 5ver (27RL, maybe a 27RS). Have not seen one in person yet, our local dealer is expecting a few in the next couple months. We like to camp, but the typical camping season is to short here in MN with an HTT, when we still have to work. We start around Mother's Day, and end around Halloween. We expect the 5ver will extend our season to winter camping to all 12 months in the SPs around here. Most of our SP CGs are open year round. When we explore them in the winter, we see anywhere from as few as 1-2 rigs to maybe 6-7.

Happy Camping

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 08:20 PM   #3

Problem is, Jayco stopped making hybrids last year and popups earlier. If you want a new X17Z, you'd better quickly locate a 2021 model.
Arnold R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 06:54 AM   #4

Rockwood makes excellent RVs, and they still produce the Roo. IMHO the Roo is more solidly built then the Jayco flavors. Solid plywood floors (no luann), much more CCC, Azdel, etc.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 02:57 PM   #5

I wish I felt the same about my 19h. I think I just don't like the work of taking the bunks down. Especially if it has rained then I have to put it all back up when I get home to keep the mold at bay.
If I replace this, it'll be full RV for me towing a car/truck behind.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 04:54 PM   #6

I understand the part about closing up a wet tent ends, but you have the hybrid to camp with the feeling of being outdoors in a tent. The fresh air, the smells, the sound of rain hitting the canvas, is all about camping in a hybrid. I love my 2018 16xrb I bought two years ago. I traveled from Massachusetts to South Carolina to get get this jewel, and feel I got a great deal at $10,000. The owner never even used the toilet!
Anyway, either you love a hybrid and what it’s all about or you prefer a hard shell.
ultrarider is offline   Reply With Quote