Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2015, 07:47 AM   #11

Pin holes in canvas

I own a 2006 23B Jayco and have it for sale. A potential buyer noticed the pin holes on the front canvas. They are located at the top in the corners. When he was laying there on the bed looking at it he noticed that it was next to the screw heads at both locations. I had never noticed but planning repairing today. Either a white silicone (so it is not noticeable) or the wadder repair sounded good seen on another site.

feverpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:09 AM   #12

I just put a small dab of seam sealer on it and no leak. Then again it didn't leak in the first place but you could see a few pin holes.

Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:12 AM   #13

I have a 2014 X19H...first thing I noticed when I got it home...front canvas has a pin hole. Like others here, never leaked. Our first camping trip, it was a torrential downpour (aren't all first trips like that?!). Never leaked.

The dealer said that the tent end would have to be removed and sent to Jayco for repair. They also said that could take weeks. So I waited until the season was over. Now coming up on this season I have to decide if I get it worked on or not. Sounds like this is common. Without a leak, I am not sure I want to hassle with it..

Thanks everyone for your input on this. I didn't think this would be a common thing...
AirLift 1000 Suspension
MrScary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:25 AM   #14

[QUOTE=MrScary;276897]I have a 2014 X19H...first thing I noticed when I got it home...front canvas has a pin hole. Like others here, never leaked. Our first camping trip, it was a torrential downpour (aren't all first trips like that?!). Never leaked.

The dealer said that the tent end would have to be removed and sent to Jayco for repair. They also said that could take weeks. So I waited until the season was over. Now coming up on this season I have to decide if I get it worked on or not. Sounds like this is common. Without a leak, I am not sure I want to hassle with it..

If it ain't leaking don't fix it! Mine is a 2010 so my pin holes are now going on year #5 and still no drips but I did put the seam seal on them anyway. Who's to say that the new tops won't have the pin holes like many of us had in the first place.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 03:32 PM   #15

...yeah...I think I'll let it be...

AirLift 1000 Suspension
MrScary is offline   Reply With Quote