Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2018, 07:54 PM   #21

My fridge temp varies from 29 up to 40 (after openings and closing for a meal) on a setting of 4. My freezer varies from 6 down to 0. I have a wireless thermometer to keep track of it.

I also have a fan device called Fridgefix that's a couple of fans that blow right on the fins. I don't have to defrost the fridge and it really helps when it's hot out. I also have a fan (built in from the factory) in the upper vent.

That being said, you should have no problem maintaining 35-36 degrees unless the sun is shining directly on the side of the rig and it's really hot out.

Is the thermistor still stuck to the fins in the fridge? Perhaps it got moved up or down while the fridge was being loaded. It's location makes a difference.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:23 AM   #22

We'll....I got up this morning for one final check at the temp before i called the dealership and the fridge was running below 30 degrees. Im wondering since it's been hot here and my TT is in my driveway and in the sun most of the time, that was the reason for the increased temps in the fridge? Last night and today will be the first time in weeks that it won't be pushing 90 during the day and in the 50s at night.
JE78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:33 AM   #23

That’s why I said to clean out the fins and install a couple computer fans at the top of the vent stack. 95 last week sun pounding on the vent stack I was at 29 degrees. I would barely keep up before I did the fans.
tcanthonyii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:51 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcanthonyii View Post
That’s why I said to clean out the fins and install a couple computer fans at the top of the vent stack. 95 last week sun pounding on the vent stack I was at 29 degrees. I would barely keep up before I did the fans.
Where is the vent stack located and how would I get computer fans to power there>
JE78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:53 AM   #25

https://rv101.tv/2012/02/28/how-to-i...ator-vent-fan/

I didn’t remove my vent cap like they did in the video I just peaked back the mesh and screwed back into place. The back of the fridge has 12v to put the fans in. I hard wired mine to a switch and pretty much leave them on all the time. The fins toward the very top do the cooling. Mine were covered in cotton. Blew them out and out the fans up high. I did have a fan at the bottom by the controls and it was worthless compared to having them at the top. Pulling air accross is more eddictive than pushing from the bottom. Way more air flow.
tcanthonyii is offline   Reply With Quote