Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #1

Products for washing outside of TT?

Hello. We are new to owning a TT, so I was wondering what we should use to wash the outside and roof. We have a 2010 19H EXP.
Thanks!
FMallizzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMallizzio View Post
Hello. We are new to owning a TT, so I was wondering what we should use to wash the outside and roof. We have a 2010 19H EXP.
Thanks!
They say on EPDM roofing stay away from detergents that contain petroleum solvent or citrus. In looking for an acceptable, cheap and easy substitute.. the consensus is Dawn dishwashing detergent. Works great on the roofs, get on your hands and knees with a scrub brush and have at it. Rinse thoroughly. After it dries a day or so, go up and look carefully at all the caulk around anything that comes up through the roof, vents, roof caps etc. If you have to, Dicor self leveling sealant. You don't have to take off the old stuff but, do wipe the area down with a rag and alcohol first. BTW Nu-Finish car wax works nice. Takes off the black marks and you won't wear your arms out
Jeff61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMallizzio View Post
Thanks!
Welcome. Spic and Span granular for the roof works best and is the manuf. specified method in the manual. Car wash I think works best as the wax will not be taken off after you apply. Upon initial spring cleaning you may need a little help with Simple green on the tough stains then wax it with a good wax and it should be good to go.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote