Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2022, 10:45 AM   #1

PUG Question

I got PUGs last year (pop up gizmos) for my x17z. However, I have a very difficult time getting them to stay attached to the top of the bunk end. I have tried different clips but nothing works. I also want to be able to keep the clips on when I fold it up to go (and keep the PUGs on and folded into the bunk end when I close it up) - one of the clips I tried didn't allow the bunk end to completely close and I got a little bit of water inside while driving.

Any suggestions?
CO Mtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 05:02 AM   #2

I just use those large binder clips you buy at Staples. I use about 7 -8 each side. But yes, They have to be removed with the Pug.
ultrarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 06:54 AM   #3

I could never fully close my PUP roof with the PUGs and the bed made. So since my DW set up inside while I set up outside guess which came off?

I first used some clamps from my woodworking shop but quickly switched to the binder clips. As you probably know, they are worth the hassle.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:36 PM   #4

Thanks for the responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrarider View Post
I just use those large binder clips you buy at Staples. I use about 7 -8 each side. But yes, They have to be removed with the Pug.

Ultrarider - I did try the medium binder clips and they didn't stay on - with some wind, they would come off. The medium clips also didn't attach very easily to the rails. I haven't tried the large binder clips - I will try those. Thanks.
CO Mtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 06:39 AM   #5

Velcro

I just ordered some to my friends house so I haven't seen them yet but they are supposed to have Velcro strip sewn in at the top so you can then add the matching Velcro strip on the bunk end top. I am hoping this will work. If remember, I will try posting up when I get to try them at the end or May or beginning of June.
RatsKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 09:54 PM   #6

My wife sewed a 1-inch Velcro strip along the entire length of the part that attaches to the trailer. Then I ran a mating strip of Velcro under the inside edge of the top of the opening where it meets the PUG. Works like a champ and stays attached when the ends are closed. Then just a matter of unclipping the carabiners I have all the hooks attached to that meet under the bed end when extended.