Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #1

Purchasing a X19H later this week...

First time RV buyer and very excited to get into a X19H vs. sleeping in a tent!

Wondering if all the vets out there can help me figure out how best to negotiate a fair price? I have purchased many cars over the past 10-15 years and am finding that the information available online for RV's is not as crystal clear.

What are resources that I could use to determine that "right number?"

Dealer sent me a quote a few weeks back on a 2017 model that was under MSRP and appears reasonable compared to other online dealers.

Thanks in advance!
Pfrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:59 PM   #2

IIRC, most posts dealing with this question say about 30% off the MSRP is good.

You could search the forum for posts with MSRP and see if that is what you find.

Happy shopping and sleeping off the ground!
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:22 AM   #3

From what i have heard around the forums 25 - 30% is a good rate off of the MSRP.

x19H is a neat trailer, Welcome to the family!
Jm9301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:00 PM   #4

We have a 2016 19h and love it so far! The only thing I wish is it had a slide for a little be more room on rainy days( but the 23b has barely and cargo weight) but like you said it's still beats a tent! You get the tent expierience with the feel of a hotel.. btw we are a family of 4
Old 02-03-2017, 08:51 PM   #5

We got a 2013 19H last year. Went right from a tent to the hybrid and absolutely love it. We are a family of 5 and it does get tight inside. Honestly, unless it is pouring rain or sleeping, we are always outside. It's really nice to tow and the setup is pretty easy and way less time than tents.
I did get Coach Net service and I even renewed it for another year. I think that is well worth the money to get towed and helped when in a jam.
kennibc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:17 PM   #6

We have a 2011 X19H paid 16000.00 plus tax they were asking 21000.00 fort it. Got elec jack in price also think we got a great deal paid cash
MNWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #7
Stu

Purchased a 2017 X19H in Iowa for $16,5 plus tax with the following options: Electric Jack, Good year tire upgrade, Alum Wheels, Sink Cover, 32" TV. Included Prep/Demo, Propane fill, battery and RV starter kit.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #8

We are looking to get one as well the dealer is asking $17,500 on an MSRP of $25k.

What'd you end up paying if you don't mind me asking.
KAV45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAV45 View Post
We are looking to get one as well the dealer is asking $17,500 on an MSRP of $25k.

What'd you end up paying if you don't mind me asking.
Hi!

We purchased one in the production line so we could choose specific options with interior choices....etc. Had we purchased it directly off the lot - the quote was $16,900 plus tax and supplies at 20% off. They had a 2016 they were willing to sell at $1000 less than the figure above.

Our production hybrid (coming off the line next week!) has a MSRP of $23,477 (based on jayco's website). So we used the $16,900 as a starting point and just added the options that weren't part of their original quote at true cost to get to $17,300 before taxes...etc.

Our model has...

Sink Cover, Ez Breeze Roof Vent, Electric Tongue, Enclosed Underbelly, upgraded rims and specific interior redesigns. They said they would throw a TV in but we didn't need another (got some in recent car purchases). The dealership includes prep/demo/storage until I am ready to take delivery and a basic starter kit.

Negotiated additional items at cost for trailer brake & install/roof vent cover & install/equalizer weight distribution system w/ sway/UV protection package for x19h.

So think with taxes, supplies and vehicle prep total roughly $20k.

We needed everything so if you are going from a tent to first RV/trailer you may have some of those additional costs.

Lastly - I do think it would have been possible to get the trailer for a few hundred less but I wanted to purchase locally rather than a few hours away to establish a relationship since I am really "GREEN" with this all.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfrantz View Post
Hi!

We purchased one in the production line so we could choose specific options with interior choices....etc. Had we purchased it directly off the lot - the quote was $16,900 plus tax and supplies at 20% off. They had a 2016 they were willing to sell at $1000 less than the figure above.

Our production hybrid (coming off the line next week!) has a MSRP of $23,477 (based on jayco's website). So we used the $16,900 as a starting point and just added the options that weren't part of their original quote at true cost to get to $17,300 before taxes...etc.

Our model has...

Sink Cover, Ez Breeze Roof Vent, Electric Tongue, Enclosed Underbelly, upgraded rims and specific interior redesigns. They said they would throw a TV in but we didn't need another (got some in recent car purchases). The dealership includes prep/demo/storage until I am ready to take delivery and a basic starter kit.

Negotiated additional items at cost for trailer brake & install/roof vent cover & install/equalizer weight distribution system w/ sway/UV protection package for x19h.

So think with taxes, supplies and vehicle prep total roughly $20k.

We needed everything so if you are going from a tent to first RV/trailer you may have some of those additional costs.

Lastly - I do think it would have been possible to get the trailer for a few hundred less but I wanted to purchase locally rather than a few hours away to establish a relationship since I am really "GREEN" with this all.
Thanks for the response and the great information. We'll be headed to the dealer in the next few weeks to work out a deal.
KAV45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:56 AM   #11

Good luck!