Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2015, 06:46 AM   #1

Question for x23B owners ....

We currently have a x23B hybrid and love the layout. Two specifics led us to this model ... 1) the wardrobe closet with plenty of space for clothes after modifying and adding ClosetMaid shelves ( 2 adults and 2 kids) and 2) the couch and u-shaped booth allow for ample seating and also allow to view the tv from wherever you sit. Most models with typical booth have one side with back to tv.

Question for x23B owners ... what do you do with the table when not using it?? We rarely use the table unless we are stuck inside due to weather and use for games, etc. Usually our sites when camping have either patio set or picnic tables for use outside so we don't need it setup.

Does anyone have a modification that you have done for storing the table when camping?? Everything I have thought about has not panned out. Thought about adding hangars on wall side of fridge, but the table is wider than fridge so would stick out, thought about just putting it behind the couch, but then it would block the window. Last trip thought about placing hangars under camper to slide it into when setup and able to pull out if needed.

Anyone have good ideas??

thanks!!!
sbpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:19 AM   #2

I know what you mean about the table. We actually set ours up. We find that it is most useful to rotate it 90 degrees from what you see in the photos. It is placed so it spans in front of part of the dinette (in front of the water heater compartment) and part of the J-sofa. Works nice, mostly out of the way, and we still can place items on it when we are prepping meals.

If you do not need the table, what about just leaving it at home? Or setting it up outside under the awning?

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:46 AM   #3

We had purchased a small folding table to take out on the deck that is very light weight. Looking at it one day I thought about switching it for the dinette table. Small, lighter, and it will fit behind the couch. If we think we might need the dinette bed we can always switch them out before we leave.

David & Sandy Hinkle
2014 X23B
2007 Honda Ridgeline Traded
2016 F150 Max Tow, Tow mirrors
dhinkle57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:01 AM   #4

We loved our now sold X23B and I agree about the table. When it was just the bride and myself we'd leave it home and brought TV tables instead. When we had extra people we'd bring it so we'd have a place for everyone to eat (in the A/C). Like Jag, we'd turn is sideways to make it easier to get in the booth area or put it outside (weather permitting). I'd not leave it outside in wet weather (even under the awning) since it was made of particle board (water and particle board is a bad combination). Ours also started to sag a bit I think due to its weight. I made a center support from PVC sewer line and flanges. In storage or transit it was supporting the center of the table, at a CG it'd hide in the storage area.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:35 AM   #5

Same as others, when in use, we usually would turn it sideways.

I have put it behind the couch too. It does block part of the window, but if it's cool in the camper or I'm running the A/C, doesn't matter too much about seeing out that window.

buddybar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:13 PM   #6

We use our table in the mornings for breakfast and turned the way you all do. However, we store it up on the front bunk during the day when we don't need it. At night I bring the table down and place it near the door so I can "easily" get out of the bunk at night to pee......
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 06:19 PM   #7

I got a nice plastic table from Costco (a lot less weight). We usually just put it outside as a side table for cooking. When it rains we can bring it inside if we need it.

Tags
mods, table, x23b