Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2014, 03:19 PM   #1

Random Questions..

1. I bought my X23B in July 2013....Will I need to have the brakes checked before the 2014 camping season? I used it probably 6 times last year.

2. As far as the antifreeze goes that was put in the lines for winterization, do I flush it out at the campground once hooked up to their hook-ups?

3. Should I grease the axle fittings?

I'm sure more questions to come and thank you for all of your help!
Meadows11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:22 PM   #2

1) It would not hurt to check them, but it sounds like you do not have many miles on the unit. I have about 7-10K on our 2012 and have not checked the brakes yet. But it is on my to do list for this spring. I do use a laser thermometer and check the brake temperatures when we stop. If all the temps are about the same, in theory all the brakes are working about the same.

2) I flush mine out in the street in front of my house (no off street parking). Parents does theirs in their yard in its summer parking area. A friend he reserves a full hook up site and does it when he arrives to camp. There are lots of ways and places to flush the unit.

3) I would grease the bearings when you check the brakes. They have easy lub hubs, but I have heard many horror stories of the back seal blowing out and grease getting all over the brakes. So I plan to do a grease job at the same time I check the brakes. I will pull the bearings, clean them and manually grease them.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote