Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2016, 02:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
Yes the blinker works on the truck..I SO appreciate all the help. He is trying to figure it out now. So many helpful responses! Thank you thank you!
There Is a relay on the truck, to isolate the tv blinkers and the 7 pin connector,so the tv blinkers can work, but of the fuse between the tv and the 7 pin connector is blown you have no power to the connector. I found this oit after jack knifing a utility trailer during an ice storm. I could not find the issue, brought the tv to the dealer. $150 repair to replace a fuse. Luckily I was able to put it to my insurance claim.

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:26 PM   #12

This doesn't make sense at all... Is the brake light on the tt bright like the right side, or is it dim?

All the blinkers work on the truck, correct: front, rear, possibly a side blinker in the front or rear? Check your owners manual to see what bulbs are listed. Per your sig I see you have a GMC HD, but no idea of the year. Though GM started the additional fuses under the hood for the trailer wiring in '99 if I recall correctly. As mentioned, there are fuses under the hood in the fuse panel.

If the brake light is nice and bright like the right side: What doesn't make sense on the tt side is that the brake light works. The turn signal and brake light are the same wire on the trailer side, and at the plug on the tv side. Based on that it has to be on the tv side.... WHY, I am not sure, but I don't see how it could be the tt side.

If it is dim, then it sounds like there is a ground issue on the tt side, and the brake light works from a "back feed". Some may have seen this when one turn signal is on, and the other actually blinks very dimly as well on a trailer.

Hope you get it figured out quickly!!! Keep us posted what was wrong.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:35 PM   #13

Blinker issues

Here is the latest update. My husband (and his more mechanically minded friend )have figured out that the issue is with the truck. Can't remember if they said fuse or wiring, but they have fixed (temporarily) with some wiring ...ummm hocus pocus? It works fine but when we are back from this trip the truck will have to go in to the dealer to have it fixed. Someone in one of these posts pretty much said that this could be what was going on. I truly appreciate all the help and am happy to report that we will roll out for Point Reyes National Seashore (Olema Campground) early tomorrow. YAY! (Oh and it is a fairly new truck, 2014 I think) Thank you all again!
Rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:41 PM   #14

Have a safe and fun trip!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:26 PM   #15

Hope you have a safe trip!

I would guess its a loose wire somewhere around the 7 pin connector in your truck. If your husband doesn't have one, a multimeter is invaluable! I had to rewire everything on my TV thanks to the previous owner having a very shady install (thanks U-Haul!) and without the multimeter i would have been in a world of frustration.

Jm9301 is offline   Reply With Quote