Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #1

????s about outdoor grill and bike rack for 19h

We just got a new 2012 19H (traded a 2010 17Z). Didn't buy the grill for it, thought we could find one cheaper somewhere else. Don't know if we can find one to hook on and use propane on trailer. Or just buy a coleman portable standing grill but it won't hook up to propane gas. Anyone know about buying a converter to fit the gas fitting already on trailer??

Would also like to add a back rack for 4 bikes. Can we get a hitch welded to the frame of camper rather than bumper. I know the bumper would not hold it?? Maybe someone out there has done this???

Went camping 4 nights last week and we love it. Very spacious and plenty of room for us 4. Instead of making ice, I put an ice bin in freezer and filled it up before we left worked great. It also rained and tent ends had no leaks. Was originally disappointed that it did not have a skylight in shower like our 17z did, but as it turns out, it was better because the sun didn't heat up the bathroom so much. And the light from the fan was plenty. Would not add a max air cover, it would just block the light. Power awning was a plus, plus, really nice. We fit all of our food and extras either in cabinets or top of wardrobe without anything on couch or floor.

Highly recommend this model 19H over 20e or 18d due to counter space, cabinet space, stove top free on both sides, bigger awning, double frig, cabinet under back bed to easily access outdoor accessories and tool box from door without needing to step in, better floor plan with couch and table for talking or sitting together.

Will be adding 12 volt outlets for bunk fans and a lexon material cut to fit our right sink top.

One other question, has anyone had the putty come out around sink drain, water I believe got too hot and hit this putty, it started to ooze out and is now a sticky mess but still does the job, I believe. I just stuck it back in but is quite a mess???

Called Jayco about the bathroom sink drain stopper not staying up a little like it was in previous models. Dealer says he inquiring too and may get us new sink???

Really like the deep tub, this was another reason why we did not want a 2013 model. Not because I would take a bath but it's easier to clean your kids and take shower without getting water all over.

This is just my 2 cents on everything and our experiences so far. Can't wait til next Summer!

2012 19H
2009 Chevy Silverado Crew
Makjps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #2

I brought our TT to a welder who reinforced the bumper for us. Then we added a hitch to the bumper with bike rack. Use straps to to prevent the rack from bouncing so much and its working for us. Also went to a local propane company and the made me a hose that connects to the quick connect on the side of our trailer to our weber q 220. Works fine.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #3

congrats on the 19h--. Check out " mods to date " on page 6 of the mods secrtion may interest you. picked up lots of storage space.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #4

We have a hitch welded to the frame. Works great! We got lucky as the dealer accidently installed the hitch on our unit, instead of someone else’s TT (no charge). I think you could do it fairly cheaply, if you buy a universal 2” receiver hitch and have it welded to the frame.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #5

After reading other posts on the subject of the bike hitch, I wish you luck with what you have done. Especially in lue of a recent post about Jayco not warranting the frame of TT if done and they say it's not strong enough or the bumper, I think we will be fine putting bikes in TT and as kids get bigger bikes, we will get a rack for top of truck. They say that eventually the weld will break off TT frame with bouncing of bikes because there are no shocks on TT. Sorry but I think this makes a lot of sense. Maybe it work with 1 or 2 bikes, we have 4.
Makjps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #6

Regarding the propane, I use a Coleman stove, and I got an adapter that attaches to the tank that allows you to connect the Coleman stove to the propane take before the regulator. The quick disconnect on the side of the camper comes after the regulator.
My 19H already had the jacks to plug in the bunk end fan/lights.
I put in all LED lamps inside the camper, built a outdoor shelf to attach to that grill holder, and put one of those oak cutting boards on the stove top to get more counter space next to the sink. I also put that screen door handle on and the little lever to open the screen door without moving that plastic sliding panel all teh time.
My bathroom sink stopper doesn't stay up either.
The only thing I put on my back bumper was a remote camera.
Enjoy your 19H, we really love ours too.

Been a camper since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago :)
From pup tents with no floors, to tents with floors and flies, to a pop up, to the expandable.
chuckworkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #7

If you like, you can get the stove cover at Americanrvcompany.com Search under atwood bi-fold cover 54106 Sells for about $70 with shipping.
Did you change bulbs to LED or get all new fixtures and where did you get bulbs if you did it that way?
Remote camera is nice, is yours 2012 also? thought they would have put those bunk fan outlets in all 2012's if yours has it too?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #8

I just got the LED's bulbs on Ebay. They have the same base as the incandescent bulbs. I forget the ebay sellers name at the moment. There is a thread in here somewhere that gives an Ebay link for those, I believe.

My unit is a 2012.

Been a camper since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago :)
From pup tents with no floors, to tents with floors and flies, to a pop up, to the expandable.
chuckworkb is offline   Reply With Quote