Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #1

Seal around bunk ends

I saw the post on the Velcro on Bunk ends on a 23b, my question is I need to replace the seal that runs around the perimeter ? Have any of you done this, and if so were did you get the product, mine is a 2006 23b.

Thanks
roving legrands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #2

No, but my '06 23B bunk end seals appear to be drying out and deteriorating so I subscribed to the thread to keep an eye on it.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #3

Got mine out today and took a look at the seal. Appears to be a typical D-profile peel & stick weatherstripping. I bought some at Menards a while back for an unrelated project but don't have enough to do the job. The worst part of the job is going to be removing the old stuff.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:13 PM   #4

Keep me posted, I checked with my local Jayco dealer and they were real proud of that gasket. I've got to assume that is we're I'm getting water in when I pull in the rain. Everything else is sealed up.
roving legrands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roving legrands View Post
Keep me posted, I checked with my local Jayco dealer and they were real proud of that gasket. I've got to assume that is we're I'm getting water in when I pull in the rain. Everything else is sealed up.
My water was coming in above the front bunk. When the end is closed you will see a drip edge or gutter above the bunk end. There are about 7 screws holding it in place and some of these screws were not straight and allowing water to enter the TT. A sheet metal screw into metal with no gasket is a bad design from the get go. I added SST washers with a rubber backing for .15 each and problem solved . The washers are a #8 also check above that gutter, that curved piece of aluminum where it meets the roof on mine the caulking was all cracked and needed repair.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote