Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #1

Trailer sitting in the driveway is a big tease!

We picked up the X23B last saturday from the place we store it. We spent all weekend, cleaning, de-winterizing, re-stocking all dishes etc. From the moment we backed it into the driveway, our little dog started. The consistent crying, running around the house like a chicken with his head cut off, when we take him out front he runs to the trailer door. Poor little guy is just itching to go camping. We never leave the trailer in our driveway as it is a city-by-law where we live that no trailers can be in your driveway. they do allow you to bring it home for a few hours but thats it. We are living dangerously lol.

Also last summer was the first time we brought the trailer home for a few hours and immediately all the neighbours in the court with tent trailers had to come by and comment on the hybrid. They had hybrid envy, well last night sitting on the front porch doesnt a brand new x17 or 19 not sure of the size come driving down the road! We have started a trend!

We are taking the trailer to a permanent site for this year. the colorado does pull it fine but its right on the boarder for weight, so we are in the hunt for a bigger TV.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #2

tow vehicle

New guy here. I may be purchasing a x23f soon and am curious about your current tow vehicle. You mention it being borderline. Weight wise or powerwise? The reason I ask is that I have a 2012 Colorado 4x4 CC with 5.3 v8. I appreciate your help.
djorgensen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djorgensen3 View Post
New guy here. I may be purchasing a x23f soon and am curious about your current tow vehicle. You mention it being borderline. Weight wise or powerwise? The reason I ask is that I have a 2012 Colorado 4x4 CC with 5.3 v8. I appreciate your help.
I did my homework, scanned all boards I could find asked a million questions. I have a 2010 Colorado LT crew cab 2wd, 3.7L 5 cycl engine also have the HD trailering equipment and a 3.73 axle. The truck is rated to tow 5500. At the side of the trailer is a sticker with the weight from the factory after they add airconditioning etc. it says 4200 aprox can't remember the exact amount. So you add dishes etc, then our weight in the truck and a tank of gas we are probably over 5000. I am just guessing. It towed the trailer fine, once we got up around 90 kms to 100 kms I thought I could feel the truck sway. it never got above 2500 rmps but was slow on hills. At the end of the season we had a leak on some seal to do with the transmission. Was it from towing who knows but that's all it took for me to decide not to tow with the Colorado. You have a much bigger engine so you should be okay. I am not familiar with the weight on the 23f,
Old 05-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #4

We tow our X23B with an '03 Ford Expedition w/ 5.4L. I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of our new TV which is a '13 F-350 6.7L.
The Expe does a nice job towing and I've discovered it's happiest at about 60mph. The only vehicles I pass are broken-down or ice cream trucks.
While the new TV sounds like extreme overkill I'll explain that an upgrade to a 5th is in the future.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote