Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-07-2018, 08:05 AM   #1

Truffle Interiors

I am looking at several used years of 23B's. I have a 2015 that I am interested in, except I am unsure of the Truffle interior? It is a leather look alike. My concerns are is it too cold, hot, sticky, and is it an issue for pets? I see they have gone to a leatherette style in later years that gives the look of leather in a cloth material. If you have one please let me know your thoughts.

Thank You
Krazyboutcampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:42 AM   #2

I'm not sure if the furniture in my old (2014) Jay Flight is similar to what you're dealing with, but I can tell you all of the problems you mentioned are indeed problems.

It was kind of sticky when it was hot, it was kind of cold when it was cold, but it changed temperatures quickly, so it rarely bothered me.

My dog scratched a bunch of it with his claws, but I think that would've been a problem with just about anything but the best fabrics. He tried to "dig a nest" on the dinette seat and did a number on the leatherette insert on the cushions.

My biggest problem, and one you will find sprinkled all over the internet if you look for it, is that the "leather" coating on the fabric began peeling and flaking off after only a little over 3 years. By the time I sold the trailer (less than half way through the fifth year of ownership), it was a total nightmare; the material was sloughing off in chunks as big as your hand. When I traded in the trailer, it was a known issue that the salesman said he sees all the time. I probably should have looked for some remuneration from Jayco or the furniture manufacturer. If I had kept that trailer, I would have replaced the couch (the main problem piece) with recliners, so I never pursued it.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:52 PM   #3

Interesting. Our 2013 has the Truffle interior. It's a leather look sofa that is cloth. Soft and comfortable. Did they put a leather bond sofa in the 2015s? I noticed that the 2015 website archive calls it "Truffle Leatherette". Ours is just called "Truffle".
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:58 PM   #4

We had the truffle interior on our 2015 X23B. It is sort of a 'leatherette', not a woven material. I thought it held up pretty well. We have an 80 lb. standard poodle that jumped up on it all the time. At first I feared his claws would destroy it, but that wasn't a problem.

2019 Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MBOK
2019 Ford F-250 King Ranch diesel

2015 Jayco X23B (sold)
2008 Jayco 23B (sold)
2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch (sold)
Rayco is offline   Reply With Quote