Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2016, 03:08 PM   #1

TV questions for X23F

I have a new 2015 x23F. We have only taken it out three times, so far but the TV is driving us crazy.

1) the yellow video cable is too loose, and video cuts out every time the TV moves a hair. I want to replace it, but don't know how the cable is routed across the camper and up to the cabinet where the receiver is located. Does anyone know how to access the cable for replacement? I wont be able to take it back to the repair shop until after the summer, so I am looking for a DIY solution here.

2) the mount on the shelf is in an awful location and the view is blocked by the seat back of the dinette. I saw an earlier post where someone switched to a ceiling mount. This got me wondering... would the mount that came with the camper work if I flipped it upside down and suspended it from the cabinet by the front bunk (with an extra board for support)? Has anyone tried this?

Or, are there any other successful methods anyone wants to share?

Many thanks!
Rena
Rena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:02 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena View Post
1) the yellow video cable is too loose, and video cuts out every time the TV moves a hair. I want to replace it, but don't know how the cable is routed across the camper and up to the cabinet where the receiver is located. Does anyone know how to access the cable for replacement? I wont be able to take it back to the repair shop until after the summer, so I am looking for a DIY solution here.
If it were me, I'd try replacing the connector first. Just cut off the old one and put on a new one.
http://www.parts-express.com/cat/rca-connectors/1509

If that doesn't work, see if the cable is loose enough to pull in one direction & the other.

If so, get yourself some RG-6 cable and crimp on RCA connectors from the above link. Cut off an end on the current cable, and tape the new cable to the old and pull it through.

Optionally use RG-59 cable, it will be thinner than RG-6. But RG-6 is better shielded.

If the cable doesn't move, it's likely held by cable ties/straps inside the walls. Replacing it would not be easy.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
2006 Honda Ridgeline (retired TV)
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote