Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-16-2019, 03:49 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
That's OK. The good news is they make campers every day, and maybe something better will come along in the spring. that tickles your fancy. It's happened to us a couple of times in the past. Good luck, and thanks for the update.
It also hints at I was still paying too much.

I want to thank everyone for allowing a "foreigner" post here without being flamed.
chaznsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaznsc View Post
UPDATE: We ended up passing on the unit. The down payment from the lender (28%) was more than we wanted to part with at this time with the holdays approaching. We have it, Im just leery parting with it.
Shop the RV shows this winter. The dealers get a bit hungry as the winter progresses and you may find a deal at the show on a new one!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:39 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:

I want to thank everyone for allowing a "foreigner" post here without being flamed.
You're always welcome to be here with us, trailer or no trailer. I've mentioned before (to someone), we really don't have camper police, to check your driveway for a Jayco. Stick around, and there may be other tidbits of knowledge that you can use in your quest for a camper.

Like Murff says, RV shows are a great place to look at lots of units, all in one place, and different manufacturers. The first one you go to, you'll want to look in every one...wear REALLY comfortable shoes. After a few shows, you'll be pretty much able to know the general floor plan by the window placement, fridge vents, stove vent, bunks or not, etc. Then you won't need to see inside them all, just the ones that peak your interest.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 03:50 AM   #24
Site Team

Also the more that you look at, the better equipped you will be to know when the right ones comes along.

Check out local ads and non-dealer sales lot. You may find a gem.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:10 AM   #25

Quote:
If I'm being honest, I wondered about that. Banks are pretty good at this stuff, because if you walked away from the loan they'd have to find a way to get their money back.

With that said, the old "everything happens for a reason" saying is quite apt here. You'll find something you like. Chances are you wouldn't be able to take it out that many times in the next handful of months anyway, so take your time. If you liked the 17a, keep an eye out for a used 17z. They are still hard to find compared to big hulking hard sided campers, but they're more common than the 17a.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:04 AM   #26

2016 Jayco X17Z

I know my response is a little late. I purchased a used 2016 X17Z this year for 11K. Dealer had it listed at 12K. They came down 1K without me asking. This is in central Indiana area.We financed through a credit union, nowhere near 28% down. Hope the info helps on your search.
Millertyme76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:21 PM   #27

I’d say passing was a good thing. That’s expensive for a 2014. I paid 10,200 for my 2016 X17z this summer. Keep shopping and be willing to travel.
Jgeiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:03 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertyme76 View Post
I know my response is a little late. I purchased a used 2016 X17Z this year for 11K. Dealer had it listed at 12K. They came down 1K without me asking. This is in central Indiana area.We financed through a credit union, nowhere near 28% down. Hope the info helps on your search.
No such thing as a late response, I appreciate the input. I’d love to see some photos.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:59 AM   #29

Neither the DW nor I have pictures of the inside of the camper. I have included a link to one that is just like mine. After using it a few times I have 2 things I would like to be different. The longer sofa in the 19H would be preferable and a larger shower would be nice. The small size of the camper is nice when towing. I am using a full size truck so the light cargo capacity is not an issue for me. It is just the DW and myself so we do not bring much.

Attached Thumbnails
20190705_202335_HDR.jpg   20190624_115220.jpg  
Millertyme76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:22 PM   #30

Honestly it’s good you walked away!!! They probably ripped someone off on a trade in and were gonna double their money. I went in to browse 2 summers ago for fun and got my 2011 17z (upgrades wheels, diamond plate, TV, outside grill, and bumper storage) for 8200 out the door (including all taxes and fees) even made them throw in a break controller and hitch installed for free. They started the price at 13k��. Since I wasn’t in the market and they literally traded it in 10 minutes before I got there the negotiations dropped fast lol. Like 30 min of saying “I’m not even here for a camper” lol. They did a full detail also
Sneaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:31 PM   #31

Not trying to dissuade you on your decision, but my good friend had a hybrid and they hated it. Could never get the fold outs to heat and cool correctly - especially cool. tried putting tarps over them, they sweat, etc. They were miserable with it and ended up selling and bout a regular camper. Always referred to it as an overpriced pop-up. Just something to think about. I mean, if you love it, you love it....up to you. I just hate to see a fellow camper miserable with a purchase.
On a side note, I didn't note your location - I am going through divorce and will have a really nice 32BHDS with Thermal Package, all the bells & whistles, etc for sale soon - I have to have a place to live first myself then its going on the market.....live in NC....
Good luck to you and your family
Hnyctfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:50 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnyctfam View Post
Not trying to dissuade you on your decision, but my good friend had a hybrid and they hated it. Could never get the fold outs to heat and cool correctly - especially cool. tried putting tarps over them, they sweat, etc. They were miserable with it and ended up selling and bout a regular camper. Always referred to it as an overpriced pop-up. Just something to think about. I mean, if you love it, you love it....up to you. I just hate to see a fellow camper miserable with a purchase.
On a side note, I didn't note your location - I am going through divorce and will have a really nice 32BHDS with Thermal Package, all the bells & whistles, etc for sale soon - I have to have a place to live first myself then its going on the market.....live in NC....
Good luck to you and your family
What size was your friends hybrid? These little 17xxx heat up and cool down easy. Maybe it’s the smaller size, but I’ve never noticed an issue
Sneaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:55 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaton View Post
What size was your friends hybrid? These little 17xxx heat up and cool down easy. Maybe it’s the smaller size, but I’ve never noticed an issue
We LOVE our hybrid (X17Z) compared to a normal camper. Have camped into the low 40’s and high 90’s and the 13,000btu AC did it’s job as well as the furnace. For us, it’s a great go between, the tent ends allow lots of exposure to the outside when wanted and close up nice when we don’t.

We rented one before buying and sealed our decision.
Jgeiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 04:13 PM   #34

rvtraders for price comparison.

Quote:
@RogerR
Thank you for responding. THATS the one we are looking at. The price is quoted with a payment, but didnt include the $1200 of junk fees. They call the Dealer Prep the "Peace of Mind Package". Of course, they gave me a $1,000 "Finance" discount, whatever the hell that is.

I hate they like about the price on the site, but many of them do it.
Might want to search RVtrader.com and look for something as close as possible to what you are considering. If you can find a better deal on RVtrader use that as a negotiating lever. We did this on a new motorhome and got $7k price break over the best we had previously negotiated.
rowemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 04:20 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaton View Post
Honestly, I have no idea. We were still tenting it when they had their hybrid. I just know they had a ton of issues with it keeping cool in the summer. And I have no clue what the BTU rating was.....just that they were extremely unhappy. and they finally sold it We bought several used regular TT of various sizes until we could afford to get what we wanted when we picked out this 32BHDS and we love it...could not be happier with this floor plan - too bad we weren't happier with each other...lol.
Hnyctfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:27 PM   #36

Their are alot of TT, FWs and RVs on Craigslist. I purchased my 2008 199 Jayco Feather lite off a private owner 3 seasons ago and have put 35,000 on it and had no major issues. I have replaced the original tires. You just need to make sure you thoroughly inspect everything, have the hubs pulled and packed , and have the seller hook everything up and show you how it operates.
Bopper65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:09 AM   #37

Most likely the 28% down payment was do the inflated price which was probably way over loan value.
Drifter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:59 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter1959 View Post
Most likely the 28% down payment was do the inflated price which was probably way over loan value.
Yep, with our credit score over 800 we arent a risk.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:26 PM   #39

Don’t know if this helps but I bought my 2011 X17C 1 year ago used 2 owners, I paid $6800 for it and it is in great condition. The only thing I’ve done to it is replace the tires & wheels and new awning (total price $400 rounded up).
Kiwimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 04:47 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgeiken View Post
We LOVE our hybrid (X17Z) compared to a normal camper. Have camped into the low 40’s and high 90’s and the 13,000btu AC did it’s job as well as the furnace. For us, it’s a great go between, the tent ends allow lots of exposure to the outside when wanted and close up nice when we don’t.

We rented one before buying and sealed our decision.
Exactly! We love our 2017 16XRB. The big A/C always works in the heat and we've camped down to 26 degrees. To keep warm and condensation-free we put an electric heater in front of a low-speed fan to blow warm air around. - and we have very good sleeping bags and a big warm hound.

The tent ends provide the outside we've always enjoyed while tenting but we can retreat when necessary. Out little trailer has come with no buyer remorse and we have never seen any trailer we would rather have. BTW as a frame of reference for OP - ours was 13,000 brand new customized from the factory.

To love a hybrid you need to appreciate the uniqueness of sleeping outdoors in a trailer and the associated positives and negatives that brings.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote