Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #1

wet front bunk end

Just got from our trip to Mammoth caves and we had to drive through a 10 minute shower, when we got home and opened up the camper to air it out I noticed the front bed mattress at the bottom was wet. We have a 2006 23b, do I need to replace the gasket material around the perimeter? Or is there a fix from Jayco I'm not aware of.
Thanks in advance!
roving legrands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:27 PM   #2

Are you sure that the canvas was neatly tucked in and not touching the seal? I had the exact same problem and found a small piece of canvas that I didn't get tucked in all the way.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heady View Post
Are you sure that the canvas was neatly tucked in and not touching the seal? I had the exact same problem and found a small piece of canvas that I didn't get tucked in all the way.
X2. Double check the seal. You can use a garden hose spray the front to check the gasket.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:52 PM   #4

Above the seal you will see the rain gutter and the gutter is attached with screws but some of them might not be flush to the gutter. I removed all ths screws and added a sst washer/rubber seal because this is a good place for water to enter the bunk ends. It's almost 11:00 PM and I'll take a pic in the AM to show you the washer and gutter.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:30 PM   #5

Got the pic. of the washers I used on the rain gutter just above the tent ends. You can see the screw with the washer on and also both sides of the washer. My rain gutter has 7 screws on each end and the cost of the washers were .15 ea. I think it's a #8 washer and Jayco DID NOT INSTALL THE SCREWS STRAIGHT !!! When you take a close look
it's obvious that water can enter at this point.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:56 PM   #6

Thanks, I looked at the screws and everything looked good. Today we had a good rain and I inspected the camper open, no water, peeled back the Velcro that separates the wood interior from the bunk ends and the wood has evidence of water being there before. I can see that in places the rubber seal is breaking down at the bottom so I'm going to try and replace it some how. Just didn't know if this is something Jayco has or just get some weather seal at hardware store.
roving legrands is offline   Reply With Quote