Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Hybrids
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #21

Hi there Wasabi, lots of great info on the forum for sure. I'm sure you will love your TT. Our first trailer was very similar to yours and we owned that for 11 years raising the kids and making so many great memories. We stepped up a few years ago to a 19H and love it, as the kids grew it was nicer to have a bit more room as they became the same size as us ! I share your frustration about the tow vehicle, its so hard to purchase something that will do everything you need it to do now - and down the road - shy of buying a pickup and that requires very little concern of what you are towing until you get into the bigger units. We tow with a V8 Explorer that does the job nicely and has the seven seats which come in handy when needed , but there really isn't alot of chioce in finding such a vehicle like these because gas mileage has put an end to most V8 suv's.
As for the tent ends, I have always just washed them with a gentle soap and kept them clean,Ive had a conversation with a Jayco Rep on the matter and he informed me that it cant hurt to waterproof but it certainly isn't necessary.

We're off to Emily Park for the long weekend, so maybe we"ll bump into one another some day.
Happy Trails !
Alex19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #22

From one newbie to another, welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Congratul
As to season the tent ends, the instructions in the owner’s manual tells you how to do it. They tell you to lightly spray the tents with a regular tap water three times. That it. That is all I did and we have had no issues.

I picked up a plastic accordion style file holder thing-a-ma-jig, separated out the different sections of the owner’s manual and labeled the sections. I strongly recommend reading everything. It will tell you about the maintenance, operations, storage, etc on everything in the HTT.

With the cooler fall season upon us, you may notice condensation inside on the tenting. What works good for us is to crack the bathroom vent open (1/2 inch). Then we crack open one side window on each tent end about 2-4 inches. Once we started doing that we have had no condensation issues at all.

We also carry as small electric space heater (1500 watt ceramic). It produces enough heat to keep the HTT warm for us. When it is down to 20 degs at night I will turn on the gas furnace in the morning to help warm up the floors.

We too were looking for a PU, but could not find one that both the DW and I could agree on. The dealer showed us the 17Z as an alternative, which lead us on the path to our 23B.
We graduated from a popup to a hybrid because we like the extra space that is provided with having the bunks on the ends. A relative had a box camper we stayed in one weekend and it felt like a sardine can. We bought a used 2011 x23j in mint condition. We first saw it at a camping show in 2010. We like the setup inside and were disappointed when we went to the same camping show in 2012 and saw they went back to the dinette in front of the bunk. After talking to the salesman, he informed us that they had what we were looking for coming in on trade. We went and checked it out and bought it on the spot. Have been down to Cape Cod a few times this past summer with no problems. Squeezing in one more weekend on Veteran's day before beginning to winterize. The dealer orginially told us that my wifes suv (Chevy trailblazer, 6 cyl.) could handle towing it because it was an ultralite. After doing some research, I was more comfortable with my 01 f150 (8 cyl) towing it but it was not set up to. Dealer put on a receiver, WDH, wired it for brakes and even threw in some strap on mirrors all for nothing. On the short trips we have taken, towing was not a concern .Good luck with yours.
marshvegasmike is offline   Reply With Quote