Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_cincy View Post
Cincinnati, Ohio.

This dealer is in michigan, so a little bit of a drive, but the best price I could find. If you're interested let me know and I'll send you a PM with the dealer info and sales person I worked with. Either way good luck with the purchase.
Smitty75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #22

Sure PM me the info...

Charles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty75 View Post
This dealer is in michigan, so a little bit of a drive, but the best price I could find. If you're interested let me know and I'll send you a PM with the dealer info and sales person I worked with. Either way good luck with the purchase.
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:19 AM   #23

I would rule out the 2007 for a couple reasons; it's 7 years old so is subject to more damages just from being exposed to weather over that time, and also it was a transition year, so it may have some quirks that the newer models won't have.

I also agree that for the 14K, I'd at least take a look around at what is available new at end of year deals. Dealers will come down a lot in price when they want to move last years models off the lot to make room for the new ones. We got close to 5k off our new 2012 X17Z because we bought it at the end of the year. With a new one you get the two year warranty, and two years is plenty of time to catch any major problems and get them fixed on the warranty.
gaylec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:45 AM   #24

Thanks everybody for your thoughts...

Going with the 2011...

Probably should have looked around on the net harder, but didn't realize what kind of end of years discounts were available. I did ask my local dealer what he had, but he didn't have any 2014s left. Nor did it occur to me that a 8-12hr trip for pickup might be a good thing.

Lastly we were originally looking at a 2007 for 9K, but that got sold. We then found another 2007 at another dealer and the 2011 at a third. We didn't want to end up with nothing, so we're probably paying a bit more than we should have.

Oh well, it's our first trailer...live and learn.

I suspect you'll see more of me on here.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #25

Congrats on the new trailer.
kvangil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #26

Thanks!

Successfully got it home and backed into the driveway last Tuesday.

Took it to storage Saturday, but will be getting it back out Thursday for our first camping trip. Not going very far, just wanted to get out in it at least once before winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvangil View Post
Congrats on the new trailer.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #27
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_cincy View Post
Thanks!

Successfully got it home and backed into the driveway last Tuesday.

Took it to storage Saturday, but will be getting it back out Thursday for our first camping trip. Not going very far, just wanted to get out in it at least once before winter.
congratulations...we are gearing up to leave for 3 days on Friday then pack it up.

One thing you should do is start preparing for winterizing now. Since you likely have not done it before there is a procedure that needs to be followed. It is easy to do but if you are not familiar with some of the components it can get intimidating and some things could be missed ending in damage.

maybe you are letting a dealer do it for you but if you plan on it yourself do some research and study it.

I have seen a few get in a panic having to put trailer in storage and didn't have plans to winterize

good Luck
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:08 PM   #28

Yeah, been researching it already...

Also the dealer is offer a class that I've already signed up for. Lets hope we don't get any snow before Oct 25!
Old 10-05-2014, 08:12 PM   #29

We bought a 2007 jay feather M218 in July and we are very happy with our purchase. We got it from the second owner and it is in excellent shape. We paid $8000 bought new tires and battery and packed the berings and off we went camping. I'm not familiar with the 23b but there in nothing wrong with the 2007 year model jay feather. Good luck with which ever you chose.
Charlie
CharlieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:17 PM   #30
Lost in the Woods

when I leave the campground for good next Monday I will open the low point drains, open all the taps including the shower and pull the hot water heater plug then drive home.

Also if you are camping at a full service site you may want to leave some time at the end of your trip to thoroughly clean your black tank.

I will spend 30minutes or more rinsing and flushing at the campground to ensure it is spotless.
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote