Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-10-2016, 05:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophyduck View Post
So, I have and really like my Jayco X17Z.......as I'm looking to upgrade to something with more fold out beds (3) .... I'm wondering why should I go Jayco again.
I am new to all this and ALL the different makes and models....

Why do/did you all choose JAYCO

Thanks
We did a lot of research online, then went looking. Jayco had the features we were most interested in, and the model at the top of our list was sitting on the lot. We really liked the king bed rear slide in the X213, so here we are.

2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 Super Crew 3.5L Ecoboost
2017 Jay Feather X213
RPreeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:32 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
I can admit to being Brand Loyal ...... guess i got that from my Dad. He told me once, my first car was a Ford, and i will drive Fords till i get a bad one, he's 86 and his vehicle is a Ford Edge. Guess i'm the same way...... and all trailers i have owned have been Jaycos, with a few Starcrafts too. I don't even look at other brands to be honest. I have no desire.
jaycojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:28 PM   #23

Because my 2015 Forest River Sierra was a total and complete pile of junk! We ruled out Keystone units because they aren't installing sinks in the outdoor kitchen in the models we were looking at. Our decision was a tools up between a Hartland Gateway and a Jayco North Point. North Point won because they had EXACTLY what we were after on the lot and the whole deal came together without a hitch.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:35 PM   #24

Why Jayco...

Research. We have never owned a Jayco before. We had an ancient Starcraft Constellation 8 PUP once upon a time.it served us well. We have been wanting another camping trailer since we had to get rid of the PUP. Jayco seems to be the best for the price without giving up any "creature comforts". We will be picking up our new 2016 17xfd...(the three bed model) on Friday and using it for the first time that night. I'm sure all will go well!
Cutfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:31 PM   #25

Construction quality...and the owner of the local Jayco dealership is a girl I grew up with. Even though I didn't buy my 2005 Jay Feather from her, I bought a Jayco because of her salesmanship. When I buy new, I'll go back.
jholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:30 AM   #26

Personally the only things that gives me pause when considering if I'd buy another Jayco are two things:

A. That video running around the internet w/ all the Jayco assemblers running around like somebody kicked an ant hill (seriously, its a marvel that the units come together in the end like they do when you see that video).

B. I've taken enough panels off my Greyhawk and prior TT to see the rats nest of wires, plumbing, shavings, etc. Heck when investigating a plumbing leak at my last outting, I pulled off a panel to see the sink drain, the fresh water supply lines going up to the faucet, and 6" off where they put a 90 degree pex joint for the cold water line - a electrical box for the other side of the wall.

I don't know if other manufacturers do this as a whole, but I CAN say that while my Winnie motorhome was 'chintzy' and didn't drive down the road nearly as good as the Greyhawk - I found none of that nonsense behind any of the panels. The Winnie seemed to be put together better, as chintzy as it was. Maybe that's why they're so expensive? I have no idea.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:09 AM   #27

I've had several brands. They ALL have sawdust behind the panels and under cabinets, like bedding for wire nests and plumbing conundrums. I've had two Jayco trailers, a Heartland, and a K-Z. NEVER a Heartland again. Only K-Z or Jayco, and Jayco is my loyalty.
We are in the market now, and the nearest Jayco dealer is a great reason we are leaning that way. Then, it's the brand we prefer. Since Thor bought Jayco out, I am starting to have reservations, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:26 PM   #28

My wife and I looked for well over a year, finally decided on a Jayco White Hawk for the floor plan design and to be honest, the 2 year warranty.
Dkarel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:38 AM   #29

As I just said in another thread, the most important is "Design and Functionality". Then not just PRICE, but VALUE.

After that, I search for the manufacturer reviews, and if I see too many people say "this is a deathtrap" and/or "does not stand behind warranty", I run. Since I have never seen those words used with Jayco, it's a huge plus.
webbeyes is offline   Reply With Quote