Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #1

X17A 2nd voyage.

2nd trip out this past weekend with Mazda CX9 and 2013 X17A Hybrid. Here are my learnings and thoughts.

1. tossed in a long extension cord with 3 plugs at end. This was invaluable as I tried to two frying pans into outside plugs on TT and tripped the breaker in the trailer. I just used the cord and ran it straight off the campsite power.

2. I tossed in a short green hose and splitter so I could have the camp water connected to the TT and another hose on the side for spraying down dishes, coffee grounds, and the sewer hose at the end of the trip. This was a great thing and kept coffee grounds out of my holding tanks.

3. The Mazda lumbered up to the site in the hills. I am at the top end of the capacity and will start looking for a truck with V8 and more power. I know, I know. I have read all your posts on this issue.

4. The corner cushions from the dinette work good in the tent ends as a baby corral (10 month old) for our daughter and grandson. Just a tip if you are wondering what do do with those corner pillows.

5. Need to remember to tell kids not to open-close-open-close the fridge like at home. It will warm up and takes a little time to chill back down.

6. I learned to keep eye on holding tanks and drain them off during the stay. Seems like the girls (of all ages) love using the toilet instead of the campsite bathrooms. They also used the shower and bath for them and the babies baths. That will fill the grey quickly! Also need to teach them how to do an Army shower and be quick about it!

We had a great time and had 3 in the trailer one night and 5 the 2nd night.

Jeff
jsundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #2

Sounds like you're enjoying it. That is the main thing! We pick up on little things to do or not do on every trip it seems and we have been doing this for quite a few years now.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #3

We keep a very similar stash of tricks with our smaller TT. Good luck getting consensus on the "Army Showers". Glad your enjoying the X17a
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote