Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-05-2017, 08:31 AM   #1

X17Z condensation under the mattresses

Hey guys. I own a 2014 X17z and I have been dealing with this issue since day one. We camp starting end of may till Oct. Wether is hot or cold I tend to have condensation under my mattresses. Even when it didn't rain. My fold out bed had to be replaces once by manufacturer because the top layer was bubbling up and apparently it was rotting a bit. So they replaced the whole door. This is still happening. Don't know how to stop it. Everytime wetw done camping i have to take my mattress out and let it airdry so o dobt gwt mold. Any suggestions? Questions? Fire away. Thanks guys

Tomsuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:04 AM   #2

The best product on the market to solve your problem is Hypervent Condensation Prevention Matting. I had similar problems with boat mattresses, this product was recommended and cured the problem. You can find it at Hypervent Condensation Prevention Matting, its a bit pricey but well worth the money.

Sundancer330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsuver View Post
Hey guys. I own a 2014 X17z and I have been dealing with this issue since day one. We camp starting end of may till Oct. Wether is hot or cold I tend to have condensation under my mattresses. Even when it didn't rain. My fold out bed had to be replaces once by manufacturer because the top layer was bubbling up and apparently it was rotting a bit. So they replaced the whole door. This is still happening. Don't know how to stop it. Everytime wetw done camping i have to take my mattress out and let it airdry so o dobt gwt mold. Any suggestions? Questions? Fire away. Thanks guys
Are you sure it's dry when you're setting the bed up? I had that problem with the rear bed and it turned out to be rain leaking past the gasket when the bed was folded up. I never noticed it and was setting it up wet. They fixed it under warranty.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaacs View Post
Are you sure it's dry when you're setting the bed up? I had that problem with the rear bed and it turned out to be rain leaking past the gasket when the bed was folded up. I never noticed it and was setting it up wet. They fixed it under warranty.
Yeah I thought I had a leak but both fold out beds have been replaced. One of them was for factory defect and other one was for damage from the condensation. I have new fold out beds and still get the same..
Tomsuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:50 AM   #5

You will always have this problem if you don't create a barrier between the mattress and the base. Warm meeting cool equals condensation. We have found a self inflating sleeping pad on top of the mattress, solved our condensation issue.
suzieshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:34 PM   #6

What you're experiencing is really strange, especially if it's occurring in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, no rain, etc.). I've had my 17Z for 7 seasons and never had an issue with condensation under the mattresses. In cold weather (when you're running the furnace), be sure to unzip the bunk ends a few inches, open the windows a crack, and open the bathroom vent a little. This helps to keep the moist air circulating. We sleep in sleeping bags with a nylon shell, maybe that makes a difference?
Old 04-17-2017, 06:09 AM   #7

moisture

I recently took my 2017 x17z out for it's first camping trip and had this same problem! Haven't thought much about it till I read this. I need to further investigate. It was a cool night, had the heater going with windows open.
bretkissick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:19 AM   #8

Open windows won't stop condensation under the mattress. You need a thermal barrier such as self inflating sleeping pad on top of the mattress. That solved our under mattress condensation issue
suzieshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:50 AM   #9

condensation

Susie,

Could you tell me exactly what you're using or a link would be great! You don't mean an air mattress do you?

Thanks
Bret
Old 04-17-2017, 08:18 AM   #10

Susie,

Found them just did a google search