Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2015, 03:25 PM   #1

x17z Lightbulb burning

Just got our x17z from the dealer earlier this year. Taken it out about 5 times so far this season. Last time out i noticed my outside amber light was out. After taking the cover off not only is the bulb burned out but the bulb melted the plastic behind the bulb. Anyone else have these issues? Warrenty should cover this no? Have 2 more camping trips planed so i don't really want to take it in for warranty work b4 the end of the season.
Motto52006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:49 PM   #2

While we rarely use our outside light, but our inside lights were really hot. So hot that we couldn't sit on the couch with the light on above us. I replaced all the bulbs with flat LED panels with 48 LEDs each. All cool now, and the converter hardly makes any noise.

As far as warranty coverage, call the dealer and ask. It's possible, and if so they might be able to just send you the light so you don't have to tie up the trailer for 3 weeks waiting.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote