Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2019, 07:16 AM   #1

X17z outdoor cook top

We have an outdoor grill for this camper that has a quick connect outside. We come from a jayco pop up that we could bring the cooktop outside. This is no longer an option. Does jayco sell a cooktop that we can use on the quick connect outside like our old pop up? It’s the one thing we miss about the pop up. We used an old Coleman stove last year but don’t like having to use the little propane bottles etc. takes up picnic table space also. I searched the forums but didn’t find anything concrete.
Lishelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:24 AM   #2

Look harder. We use the Coleman Roadtrip I converted to attach to the low pressure connector on the outside of our trailer. There's a 25' hose between those two ends I have in the attached pictures.Click image for larger version

Name:	1557595339222.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	49613Click image for larger version

Name:	1557595370521.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	49614

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 12:37 PM   #3

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lishelle View Post
We have an outdoor grill for this camper that has a quick connect outside. We come from a jayco pop up that we could bring the cooktop outside. This is no longer an option. Does jayco sell a cooktop that we can use on the quick connect outside like our old pop up? It’s the one thing we miss about the pop up. We used an old Coleman stove last year but don’t like having to use the little propane bottles etc. takes up picnic table space also. I searched the forums but didn’t find anything concrete.
Our x17z came with a Vitco RVQ 2000 that attaches to the side of the TT as shown below. I've also included a link to one for sale on ebay and the manufacturers site as well. Good luck!

https://www.rvqgrill.com/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VITCO-RVQ-G...sAAOSwMX5cn9tc

joshscott84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:52 PM   #4

Check on-line auctions sites like ebay or craigslist for used camper stoves. The gas connection should be the same and as long as it has the mounting rail, you should be able to make it work. You will need some time of brace. My old Jayco popup had an in-out stove that had the same connector as the Vitco RVQ.
jimovernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lishelle View Post
It’s the one thing we miss about the pop up. We used an old Coleman stove last year but don’t like having to use the little propane bottles etc. takes up picnic table space also.
Welcome to JOF!

We also miss that! We'd rather have the stove outside than in.

I'm pretty sure you can convert the stove to use the outside connection. I think you have to remove the regulator. I was looking at doing this but never actually did it. Do a search, I know there is at least one thread where someone did this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshscott84 View Post
Our x17z came with a Vitco RVQ 2000 that attaches to the side of the TT as shown below. I've also included a link to one for sale on ebay and the manufacturers site as well. Good luck!

https://www.rvqgrill.com/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VITCO-RVQ-G...sAAOSwMX5cn9tc
Welcome to JOF! They are looking for a stove, not a grill. They already have the grill.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
They are looking for a stove, not a grill. They already have the grill.
Read it to fast. Thought there were saying since moving to the new TT they no longer have an outdoor cooking device.
joshscott84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:37 PM   #7

Check out the camp chef line. Most run on low pressure via your quick connect.
They come with the adapter/regular if you need to hook directly to a 20lb tank.
Here is a link to the stove I use. But I see my local Costco sells the 3 burner model with stand and can be accessorized.
https://www.campchef.com/ranger-ii-two-burner-stove.html
Stever71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:04 AM   #8

I went on line and purchased a used cook top for a Coleman pop-up. The quick disconnect and the mounting rail are the same. You need to add a small clip to the side of the trailer to catch the support rod.
Bobmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #9

I felt the same as you when I went from my pop up to our X23B. I searched online for used pop up stoves. I found a nice Westwood 3 burner just like the one I had. I bought the adapter hose to plug it in my low pressure connector. That was the hardest part finding the hose. Go to MB Sturgis.com for the hoses or any adapters you may need. I just put it on an outside table. Some day I may alter the grill mount to hold the stove on the outside? But for now I have my outdoor stove back!

Good Luck

1996 Jayco 1007 (sold)

2016 Jayco X23B
Krazyboutcampin is offline   Reply With Quote