Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2014, 08:58 AM   #1

X18D fridge propane problem

Hey all hope you can help. Typically have trailer plugged in at home before trip, fridge on auto. When we leave I unplug & make sure propane kicks in. Just now noticing propane does not kick in. Don't even hear the clicking. Have tried to start directly in gas mode also. Recently un-winterized and noticed this on first trip.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:09 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum!

No 'clicking' sound-make sure 12v is present at the fridge. Check any fuses and make sure your battery is fully charged and supplying power to the TT. When you unplug from shore power the trailer battery powers the circuitry that runs the auto ignition cycle for the fridge.

If your trailer has been stored for a length of time, the gas lines will bleed out. Light the stove first to get the air out of the lines and then it will get to the fridge quicker.

My fridge still takes about 3 attempts to light after bringing it out of storage and bleeding the air from the lines by lighting the stove.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:58 AM   #3

I find that my lines have bled out when the trailer has sat for a few weeks too. I usually turn on the gas, then light the stove to get gas in the lines. The fridge will try a few times, then it stops for safety reasons. After you get the stove lit, try the fridge again. You should hear a 'clicking' sound. You may need to turn the fridge off and on a few times as the gas fills the lines to the fridge.
Former owner - 2013 Jayco X20E
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote