Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2021, 09:19 PM   #1

X23B Bunk end cover and fridge modifications

Hi,
I have ready several posts on creating solar covers for the bunk ends. I have bought some survival blankets and will make them to fit. My question is would you put the silver side up (to reflect the sun) or put the silver side down to keep the cold in? If the silver side is up will it be a nuance for the neighboring campers?

I have rad to add a couple of computer fans to improve the fridges efficiency. Would you put the fans on the top of the fridge or on the bottom inside the compartment that you access from the outside panel?

I will be spending a couple of months in the trailer in Florida and know I am going to make some modifications to make it enjoyable.

Thanks for the help.
Ernie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:53 PM   #2

I have seen DIY pugs done both ways. I would think in the summer aiming out to reflect the heat. In cooler months to reflect it back in.

As for the frig fans. I only use an interior fan and it works very well. If you install some PC gans in the access area, they need to be up on top.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:56 AM   #3

Popup gizmo
ultrarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
I have seen DIY pugs done both ways. I would think in the summer aiming out to reflect the heat. In cooler months to reflect it back in.

As for the frig fans. I only use an interior fan and it works very well. If you install some PC gans in the access area, they need to be up on top.
By interior, do you put the fan right in the fridge? I assume you can buy them on amazon. How would you access the top of the fridge?

Thanks for your help. You have answered many questions on this forum. I am sure we all appreciate your help.
Ernie85 is offline   Reply With Quote