Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2017, 07:48 PM   #1

X23B Mattress question

Hello,

Our family of 6 just became owners of a 2015 X23B. I am trying to get ready for our first week long trip and have a couple of mattress questions.

1. If we want to add a 3" foam topper, will it fold in half inside the Denver mattress and be able to be stored in the OEM folded vertical position?

2. How important is it to have a Hypervent if I don't want to deal with a wet mattress? My wife doesn't want to deal with it either so she said to just buy the pad. We camp up north in early October. We are also planning on getting heated mattress pads also.

This is our first hybrid.

Thanks for any help,
Dan
DanMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:21 PM   #2

We also have a 2015 23B, I can try and answer .

1. Maybe in the forward bunk but not the rear bunk. When the rear bunk is closed there's not much room left over between the bunk and the rear wall of the bathroom. What we did was fold the mattress topper in half and put it on the dinette bed. Be careful though, the topper we bought did not like being folded in half and eventually split. If I had to do it over again I'd make a nice clean cut down the center (the long way) and stack the two halves on the dinette. I wouldn't recommend trying to fold them into the space where the oem mattresses store.

2. I'd never heard of the hypervent before but I looked it up. It's an interesting product but it will only prevent condensation forming under the mattress, you'll still need to slightly unzip one window in each bunk to prevent condensation forming on the roof and sides of the bunk. If you do that you shouldn't have any need for the hypervent.

2022 33RBTS
howlin4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:10 AM   #3

Aerobed.

We have a full size sleeping bag we bought from LL Bean in '93 that we still use for our campers. We have an Aerobed for the inlaws kicking around the house that we decided to use in the camper a few years back on a whim. Best sleep ever.
Gsansoucie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:01 AM   #4

For condensation issues either leave a flap of the end bunk open a few inches, or a window. We found with our X20E that leaving the small window over the sink open vents enough moisture that we almost no condensation on cold nights.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #5

Welcome to JOF!

I have a thinner topper, but don't fold it inside the mattress. I fold each separately and stack then and they fit the space easily. On our 19H there would be room for a thicker topper if we bought one.

We camp in Canada in temps down to and below freezing. Have never had a problem with condensation, but we keep the space properly ventilated. I would wait and see if you have issues before buying hypervent, you might not need it.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote