Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2022, 02:46 PM   #1

X23b Outdoor Speakers

Update- I read a similar thread regarding outdoor speakers, I will utilize the info in that tread, thanks.

During our last trip it looks like our outdoor speakers for our 2019 X23B need to be replaced. I attempted to remove the 4 screws holding them in place to get some specs off of the old speakers but I noticed they are also siliconed in place, so I aborted.

Does anyone know what size speakers are on the outside of a 2019 X23B? Second question, what type of silicone should I use to reseal them in place when I swap them out?

Thank you in advance.
Fiori1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:04 PM   #2

I wouldn't use silicone and instead would use Butyl tape which is used for most RV sealing purposes.

BTW, I wouldn't have replaced mine, however when the cones are gone as mine were, then it is similar to having an open window as they are not inside of their own box and they are not isolated from the inside of the RV.

Hopefully someone with your RV model will chime in on the size for you. ~CA
Old 07-22-2022, 10:14 AM   #3

I had to replace the outside speakers on my 2019 X19H, and I would bet they are the same as what you have. They were an odd size, between a 5 1/4 and 6 1/2. I wound up ordering Pyle Hydra 6.5 Inch Dual Marine Speakers from Amazon, and they sound much better than the factory speakers. I did have to enlarge the hole with a dremel, but it was easy and I just took my time. Used butyl tape to seal.

The little silver cones on the factory speakers had fallen off and would buzz with every beat of the kick drum... lol.
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 11:13 PM   #4

I replaced mine on my X23b with the BOSS MR50Bs from Amazon ($34). I had to cut the home a touch bigger with a drywall saw, but they give you a template to trace the circle. I used butyl tape to seal it. Sounds so so much better now!
Fourkids&abeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 09:03 AM   #5

Polk Audio DB522 DB+ Series 5.25" Coaxial Speakers with Marine Certification, Black

These are the ones I used on my 2018 x23b, ordered from Amazon. They fit without trimming and I used butyl tape for install. I had to use a flat pry tool to get the old ones out and cleaned up the surface.
Old 05-10-2023, 11:26 AM   #6

any tips for some one who may want to add these speakers. I can deal with getting the wire from the back of the radio to the wall, but im assuming there is a switch of some sort to enable / disable the outdoor speakers and even possibly disable the indoor speakers as well?
zikronix is offline   Reply With Quote