Originally Posted by Krazyboutcampin
I have put a meter on the battery. it has 2.1V. I just charged it last week. It is only 2 months old. Going for a new battery.
I suspect the issue is parasite power drain.
Have you been connected to shore power the whole time? I suspect not with a 2.1 volt battery reading. As the onboard charger will keep the DC power side around 13.6 volts (????).
Items such as the CO/gas detector, radio, jcommand system all consume a little bit of power just sitting around doing nothing. Unfortunately, the RV industry has not implemented the same technology to put things like radios asleep.
If I am not connected to shore power, I try to disconnect my battery if it will be sitting idle for more than a few days. In the past I have been able to go about 2 weeks before my battery hits the 50% charge level. But leaving even one light on, can drop the voltage rapidly.