Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2022, 02:59 PM   #1

X23B table in 2020 & 2021 years

Hi All, we have a 2015 X23B which we purchased used in 2019 and love love love it. Upgraded from a tent trailer so this is perfect for us, still get the feel of camping but so much extra living space and many comforts we didn't have before, plus easy to tow.

Looking to upgrade to a newer model sooner than later given Jayco has abandoned the hybrid. I've been researching 2018 & later years, and seems that the last 2 model years (2020 & 2021) they moved to a new dinette table design, where it is a pedestal mount, attached where the drawer used to be, rather than the free-floating table they had there before.

We sleep in the front bunk (hubby prefers the more open feel than the back), so in our unit we turn the table sideways and leave it that way, makes getting in and out of the bed much easier. With a pedestal mount, I assume we would lose that flexibility - not sure why they changed this design since it seems far less versatile overall.

Wondering if anyone with a 2020 or 2021 model can tell me how you like the table and whether or not it has any flexibility or is it just stuck in that one spot?

May have to limit my search for a new new unit to a 2019 only - I think that's the year they switched to a permanently attached bed base which would eliminate the problem of the seal cracking over time and pulling away from the frame.

Thanks!

Julie from Ottawa ON
Jewels29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:42 PM   #2

We have 2020 X23E that was built in 2019 and it has the independent frame table, which is great for the same reason you mentioned. We prefer to use it sideways in our dinette and have also used it while sitting on the sofa. I would not like the mounted table. I think some 2020 and all of the 2021 models have the mounted table.
TheWeekend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeekend View Post
We have 2020 X23E that was built in 2019 and it has the independent frame table, which is great for the same reason you mentioned. We prefer to use it sideways in our dinette and have also used it while sitting on the sofa. I would not like the mounted table. I think some 2020 and all of the 2021 models have the mounted table.

That's interesting to note that some 2020s might have the free-floating table depending when they were built - good to know!

I also wonder if the mounted table could be removed and replaced - something I might just have to ask Jayco.
Jewels29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:17 AM   #4

I'm sure you can take the leg base off, and install a collapsible leg system, just like what you have.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 05:04 PM   #5

We have a 2020 with a pedestal mount and the table slopes and is very wobbly! We hate it!
LindaB is offline   Reply With Quote