Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2018, 05:06 AM   #11

I ran two more round flex lines from the furnace to the plenums. Sorry I guess I should have explained this in more detail. My furnace did the same as yours, ran for about 30 seconds and you could hear the burner cut out. It would overheat and a sensor would shut it down. When I looked at my furnace I noticed that there were two more spots on the side where round flex lines could be added. Also on my Seismic 4113 we were not getting any warm air coming thru the front bedroom floor register. After checking the temperature of the warm air coming out of the floor register by our couch section I found it was too hot, higher than recommended. Noting both of these issues I decided to add the two round vent lines from the furnace to the two plenums running forward and back of the trailer. There was a thin wall for the cargo or basement area squeezed right up against the furnace so I guess this is why they did not install the remaining two vents? From everything I had read about furnaces it was important to note that floor registers or vents should not be blocked off or this could happen (overheat condition). Knowing this I added the two round flex vent lines to help the furnace move that heat faster and prevent an over temp condition from building up. Yes the furnace did have two available spots to add the extra round vent lines. I did not cut out extra holes. After doing this my furnace no longer kept cutting out, rather it ran its full cycle. Now I believe the round vent lines are 4" if I remember so the thin cargo wall had to be moved slightly to accommodate the new lines. I did purchase the proper duct fitting to attach to the side of the furnace. I hope this clears things up?

Jethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:52 PM   #12

Yes it does thanks,I'll have to pull mine out and take a look at it,all my vents blow good but like you mentioned I believe not.good enough,my only option may be to add.a duct to the front of it and vent out a wall to hallway

2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 314BHDS

IBEW local 94 Electrical Worker
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote