Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2017, 05:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
Any photos or instructions on how you wired it to your LED lights. It seems there bisn't enough room there where the awning closes and the leds start.
Sorry for the delay. The one I used is very small and fits in-line with the wiring at the LED lights. It is RF controlled and uses the existing + and -. I soldered and heat-shrunk each connection and then heat shrink over the whole assembly.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1273.jpg   IMG_1272.jpg   IMG_1274.jpg  

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:49 AM   #22

Peter, where did you install it? I have a 23MRB and need to find the ground wire from the light strip.

Thanks!
Tom
Tomminny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedAWDAstro View Post
Sorry for the delay. The one I used is very small and fits in-line with the wiring at the LED lights. It is RF controlled and uses the existing + and -. I soldered and heat-shrunk each connection and then heat shrink over the whole assembly.
Hmmmm, I tried one and when I turned on the Awning lights.... The part with the white heat shrink tubing around it with the 5-24V on the right and LED on the left, got hot. I tried to dim the LED's and nothing happened. I read on another post that he had 5 sent to him before he finally got 2 that worked.

Just received another one in the mail today. Need to solder it in and see what happens.
Thank you

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:51 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomminny View Post
Peter, where did you install it? I have a 23MRB and need to find the ground wire from the light strip.

Thanks!
Tom
Hi Tomminny. I removed the control panel, isolated the power and ground wire for the led strip in the mess of wiring behind it and wired in the dimmer as per the instructions. I did remove the top cover from the dimmer and installed the dimmer into the existing control panel for a nicer look. The best thing about this is the fact that I can dim the awning lights right down (off) and use only the amber step light if I choose. Sorry I did not take many pics of the install. I would send a pic of the finished product but I am not sure how to attach one????
Peter Soares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 04:45 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedAWDAstro View Post

Ok, Got my new one and this one worked. LOVE it. Sure does dim those lights.
Installed it just like the photos above show. One side says 5-24 V and that goes to the power side. The other side says LED and that goes to the LED Lights side.
Looks good at night at 25%. Can even see my step light now.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:35 AM   #26

The one I used was bought by my son-in-law. Ha bought half a dozen or so and gave me 2. I got lucky I guess in that it worked right the first time. Of course, we'll pull the camper out this weekend and it probably will not light up! Oh well, I have a spare. We run ours at 25% as well.

Side note, since they work by RF, there was one time where our (and my daughters' camper too) lights went to 100% with neither of using our remotes! Kind of freaky when you are sitting around the fire and they get real bright! The other fun thing to do is vary the brightness of each others' camper from a distance!

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote