Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Recall Notices
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2019, 06:17 PM   #1

Jayco Safety Recall on Alante, Precept, Vision and Emblem Class A

Just received a safety recall for my 2018 Analnte for "inadequate overcurrent protection in the electrical circuit of the dash blower motor...circuit wiring could overheat and cause permanent damage and increase the risk of fire." Pertains to the 2014-2019 Precept, 2016-2019 Alante, 2019 Precept Prestige, Vision and Emblem Class A Motorhomes.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:47 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Chuck, I got mine today as well. Seems the fix is pretty straightforward and that is to replace the fuse with a 25 amp fuse, and change the placard to show 25amp max fuse for the fuse box cover. I haven’t looked yet but I assume it’s currently got a 30+ amp fuse in it now which has allowed the wires to fail. I have an appt this Friday for something else and sent a message in to see if they can do this while at it.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:48 AM   #3

I pulled mine last night.... Jayco put a 40a fuse in slot 23. The recall is calling for no more than a 25a fuse to replace and address the safety concern. Problem I'm having is finding a 25a fuse. The fuses are 'Maxi' size blade fuses and finding them on the 10s (20,30,40,50,etc.) is easy. Only able to find one seller on Amazon with a 25a and its $7.00. Guess thats my only option though since $7.00 is still cheaper than the gas and time to drive to the dealer to swap a fuse. You'd think for the size/weight of a fuse, even a Maxi, that they could have just thrown one in the envelope with the letter.

cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfisher523 View Post
Only able to find one seller on Amazon with a 25a and its $7.00. Guess thats my only option though since $7.00 is still cheaper than the gas and time to drive to the dealer to swap a fuse. You'd think for the size/weight of a fuse, even a Maxi, that they could have just thrown one in the envelope with the letter.

They're all over ebay for as low as $3.95 with free shipping. Here's a couple used ones for $5.50 with shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Qty-2-LITTE...sAAOSwiu9Zy79J

I agree with you, for the cost and ease of remediation, the new fuse and sticker could've been in the envelope with little to no increase in postage. I did not see anything in the letter preventing us from doing it ourselves, but since i'm on the boks already, i'll let them do it.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
They're all over ebay for as low as $3.95 with free shipping. Here's a couple used ones for $5.50 with shipping.
Ah, ebay. I always forget about ebay... probably one of the few that rarely uses it. I'm so used to Amazon Priming everything that if Amazon doesn't have something and Google comes up dry I just assume it doesn't exist!

Thanks for the link.

cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfisher523 View Post
Ah, ebay. I always forget about ebay... probably one of the few that rarely uses it.

I switch back and forth between Amazon and eBay. I've been on eBay since July '97. If only I had the forethought to setup a business on there back then...
Old 06-04-2019, 08:36 PM   #7

Is slot 23 under the hood or under the dash or somewhere else?
Frank1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:10 PM   #8

Should be under the hood, had mine done at the dealer.