Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-11-2021, 12:08 AM   #1

NHTSA Recall 20E071 Dometic Stoves

Wife noticed a gas smell from the cooktop on out 2019 Jayflight 32RLOK. We were camping in VA for a month (October). Not near any Jayco Dealer. So just shut the gas off after cooking. When we returned home to DE. put the camper in the shop at a local Dealer around 12/1/2020(Not a Jayco dealer). They informed us of the recall on approx. 47,000 stoves. No repair kits are available as of this writing. Several calls to Dometic reply was parts had just been made available and would ship asap. Never arrived at the dealer. Solution is to cap off the gas supply to the stove/oven.
In Correspondence with Dometic I asked why I had never been informed of this recall. Dometic rep said it was Jayco's responsibility to notify.
Has anyone received a notification about this issue?

Here is a link to the recall
https://static.oemdtc.com/Recall/20E...0E071-5848.pdf
Doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebug View Post
In Correspondence with Dometic I asked why I had never been informed of this recall. Dometic rep said it was Jayco's responsibility to notify.
Has anyone received a notification about this issue?
Did you or your dealer send in the warranty registration card for the stove? It would be DOMETIC's responsibility not JAYCO's since those stoves are in multiple brands and models from every manufacturer.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:40 PM   #3

I don't think Jayco is real good on recalls of items installed in their rigs. There was a recall for my rig for LED ceiling lights that I stumbled onto. These lights would tend to overheat and possibly become a fire hazard. Why would Jayco bother to inform me of this?

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 09:56 AM   #4

Recall 20E071

I just received a recall notice yesterday about the Dometic stove recall. After i checked and found mine was in the recall group, I discovered that one page of the recall notice was dated November 13 2020! And further surprised to learn how old this safety recall is!.
Still trying to make contact with my Jayco dealer. Its over an hour away and no one is answering the phone in service ( i have left voice messages).
We shall see how service friendly my dealer is. But im a bit annoyed that we were not notified sooner about this recall. But apparently im not alone.
Safe travels all! Mike
Mike Parks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
I don't think Jayco is real good on recalls of items installed in their rigs. There was a recall for my rig for LED ceiling lights that I stumbled onto. These lights would tend to overheat and possibly become a fire hazard. Why would Jayco bother to inform me of this?

Speaking of fires, there has been a lot of fire extinguisher recalls over the years as well. Imagine your stove or led lights catching the rv on fire and there had been a recall you didn't know about, so you grab the extinguisher that doesn't work either due to a recall you didn't know about... that would make for a bad day for sure. ~CA

Don't just go by this, find out which extinguisher you have and check for that model specifically to see if it has any recalls.
https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/ki...-discharge-and
Old 05-29-2021, 10:00 AM   #6

Not very happy ...and not looking forward to dealing with my dealership..have been totally un organized in the past for very minor issuses..it sucks ..im camping in a month and there is no way i can see this gettng done for me and i have gas hot water heater so i have to runn my gas ..jay
Jayv is offline   Reply With Quote