Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2018, 08:23 AM   #21

I called Jayco on my TT, the only recall is this fuse. Jayco sent me a letter by email and told me to call my dealer.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
I called Jayco on my TT, the only recall is this fuse. Jayco sent me a letter by email and told me to call my dealer.
Did you see the links I posted? It is so easy to at least check if you need the update before wasting the fuel getting to the dealer.
damammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:20 PM   #23

Just installed my battery to check my 287 for the recall. Followed the Jayco TSB lights on, removed the fuse the lights went out. No update needed.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:00 PM   #24

Just checked mine and the lights stayed on At least my dealer trusted me and went ahead and ordered the part without me having to bring it down. I'm torn because its such and easy fix to do myself, but since I still have a year left on my warranty and the worst case scenario is fire, I'd hate for them to blame me if the worst case scenario happened.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #25

Tested mine yesterday and sure enough the lights stayed on. After reading through the recall instructions and parts needed I’m installing it myself rather than making a two hour trip to the dealer. Automotive 30 amp weather resistant circuit breaker, few connectors and some 10ga wire. The hard to find part of the kit is the circuit breaker cover. Delcity electrical has the cover for 89 cents but shipping is $16. Amazon wants $16 and $7 shipping for this little plastic cover. With a little more on google, believe it or not Walmart had it for $4.89 with free store pick up. Everything else can be sourced locally at the automotive store.

The only other small problem is finding a step down butt connector to go from 8ga to 10/12ga. if you have two wires at the positive battery terminal and want to follow the exact instructions. Delcity electrical has them but you have to buy a bag of 10 and again shipping is high. A way around this is to use a standard 8ga butt connector (easily sourced locally) and run 8ga wire instead of 10ga. or use the 10ga wire and fold over some to fill up the 8ga butt connector on that side to make a solid connection.

Not that I don’t trust the dealer to install this simple fix but I would feel more confident if I did it myself. I can also put some heat shrink over the butt connector to seal it up and make for a cleaner installation. My background is electronics repair so I’m very comfortable with this fix.
Attached Thumbnails
84309056-1F26-4A3B-9997-B78141B4D1A4.jpg  
ricemanwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudd View Post
Just checked mine and the lights stayed on At least my dealer trusted me and went ahead and ordered the part without me having to bring it down. I'm torn because its such and easy fix to do myself, but since I still have a year left on my warranty and the worst case scenario is fire, I'd hate for them to blame me if the worst case scenario happened.
I can't blame you for thinking that way at all. You know the dealer won't think twice to find a way out of warranty work. At least you know going in that you need it done.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:59 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricemanwm View Post
Tested mine yesterday and sure enough the lights stayed on. After reading through the recall instructions and parts needed I’m installing it myself rather than making a two hour trip to the dealer. Automotive 30 amp weather resistant circuit breaker, few connectors and some 10ga wire. The hard to find part of the kit is the circuit breaker cover. Delcity electrical has the cover for 89 cents but shipping is $16. Amazon wants $16 and $7 shipping for this little plastic cover. With a little more on google, believe it or not Walmart had it for $4.89 with free store pick up. Everything else can be sourced locally at the automotive store.

The only other small problem is finding a step down butt connector to go from 8ga to 10/12ga. if you have two wires at the positive battery terminal and want to follow the exact instructions. Delcity electrical has them but you have to buy a bag of 10 and again shipping is high. A way around this is to use a standard 8ga butt connector (easily sourced locally) and run 8ga wire instead of 10ga. or use the 10ga wire and fold over some to fill up the 8ga butt connector on that side to make a solid connection.

Not that I don’t trust the dealer to install this simple fix but I would feel more confident if I did it myself. I can also put some heat shrink over the butt connector to seal it up and make for a cleaner installation. My background is electronics repair so I’m very comfortable with this fix.
Thanks for the info! I'm about to build a custom battery box and wondering if I can just add this marine circuit breaker inline between the batteries and and the trailer to achieve the 30 amp overcurrent protection?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DI...KeL&ref=plSrch
Lord Humongous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Humongous View Post
Thanks for the info! I'm about to build a custom battery box and wondering if I can just add this marine circuit breaker inline between the batteries and and the trailer to achieve the 30 amp overcurrent protection?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DI...KeL&ref=plSrch
That looks like a nice 30 amp breaker and being labeled for marine use it should work. I followed the Jayco recall instructions and used a standard automotive 30 amp breaker. I would still mount it in the designated location up and to the left of the 12VDC junction box.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf jayco recall.pdf (504.3 KB, 19 views)
ricemanwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:19 PM   #29

I've used Bussman products before for different projects and have found them to be very relieable. I was thinking of mounting it to the battery box to avoid more holes in the frame but I suppose I should ask Jayco. I already have extra holes up there from the sway command and breaker for that
Lord Humongous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:30 AM   #30

Personally when I saw the recall remedy from Jayco I was shocked that they consider this rats nest a correct repair. There was no way I was going to have my new trailer wiring looking like that! The rats nest picture is from their remedy guide.

I completed the repair myself and installed the correct breaker http://a.co/5Z4NAAW.

If you take the loom apart and route all the wires neatly there is not even a need to add any new wire at all.

My completed repair looks much better and is safer! When taking off the junction box cover the factory only put the 30 amp fuse holder inline between the tow vehicle 12 volt feed and the trailer 12 volt circuit. They put the trailer battery connection direct to the trailer feed.

Also when I was there all of the screws holding the loops that hold the loom were broken off! Not impressed.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 7.11.57 AM.png   IMG_8776.jpg   IMG_4793.jpg  
kan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:42 PM   #31

I took my TT to the dealer for the recall fix. They did the test and the light stayed on. They installed the new breaker per Jayco instructions, but I do the same test and the light still stays on. I called Jayco tech support and they say the light should not stay on. Neither Jayco nor the dealer knows why. Any suggestions?
Raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:11 AM   #32

Have you had the recall fix done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toklas View Post
got the same notice. 2017 267BHSW
Have you had the recall fix done and did it work if you do the test? I have the same model TT but a 2016. I took the TT to the dealer and the test indicated I needed the recall. After the fix, I do the same test and the lights still stay on. Jayco tech support says the lights should not stay on.

Thanks
Old 08-04-2019, 12:49 PM   #33

Can you post a picture of how it’s wired? I would follow the wiring and confirm the tech installed the fuse correctly.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:37 PM   #34

Here you go, not a great pic. Not sure if it matters, but not there is a much smaller gauge wire spliced to a much larger gauge wire wrapped with electrical tape. Thanks for your interest.
Attached Thumbnails
Recall Wiring 1.jpg  
Old 08-09-2019, 04:22 PM   #35

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. After reading the instructions for the update and looking at the wiring that’s there it seems it’s installed properly. The circuit breaker appears to be your protection now.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #36

You are correct. I took the TT back to the dealer and they confirmed the recall was fixed correctly based on Jayco’s instructions. The dealer also called Jayco tech support and they indicated that there were two fixes for the recall. The first fix involved the 30-amp fuse by the junction box, hence the pull the fuse and the lights go out test. The second fix was to put in a 30-amp breaker in the positive line coming from the battery, which is what they did to my TT. They also indicated that the 30-amp fuse line is a different circuit, so the lights should NOT go out when pulled. I’m going to assume it has all been fixed and go camping.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:44 AM   #37

Glad to hear it. Enjoy your camping trips. Thanks for letting us know what the dealer said.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:17 PM   #38

I have a 2017 Jayco Jay Flight and am having problems with the fuse blowing on the outside and it's causing the jack to not work.

Can anyone give me ideas as to what is causing this? There was a 30 amp fuse that was blown. I had a 25 amp and tried that. It worked loading the trailer, unloading, reloading, but when I got back home to unload it, the 25 amp fuse was blown.
UTVolsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 03:04 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVolsfan View Post
I have a 2017 Jayco Jay Flight and am having problems with the fuse blowing on the outside and it's causing the jack to not work.

Can anyone give me ideas as to what is causing this? There was a 30 amp fuse that was blown. I had a 25 amp and tried that. It worked loading the trailer, unloading, reloading, but when I got back home to unload it, the 25 amp fuse was blown.
Jack motor going bad. Put an amp meter on it while it is running. Check the amperage against the listed motor amperage.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 06:57 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVolsfan View Post

When does it blow the fuse? It is very common for them to blow a fuse at the end of travel. Many people install a circuit breaker type fuse to eliminate having to replace the fuse.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote