Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2021, 04:47 PM   #41

I just finished replacing my regulator & pigtails with MB Sturgis from Calore Equipment, https://caloreequipment.com/. Everything fit nice and seems to be working well. They were just delivered today so they may still have stock.
njburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 06:14 PM   #42

The A/C electrical power at Jayco has been out for two days now due to bad storms. I was personally down at Jayco to bitch about their customer service everyone was gone. Even Ken Walter was gone.
Case79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:05 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by njburn View Post
I just finished replacing my regulator & pigtails with MB Sturgis from Calore Equipment, https://caloreequipment.com/. Everything fit nice and seems to be working well. They were just delivered today so they may still have stock.
Thanks for the info. Just ordered mine. I'd rather do it myself than go through the hassle of the dealer doing it.
fr8erfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 06:46 AM   #44

Which one did you order( part number etc)
loriemoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 07:45 AM   #45

This is what I ordered. Shipping is high, but I'm not concerned about that right now. https://caloreequipment.com/products
P/N 888001 under R/V Regulators. I tried to copy the link but for some reason it's not working.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:03 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8erfxr View Post
This is what I ordered. Shipping is high, but I'm not concerned about that right now. https://caloreequipment.com/products
P/N 888001 under R/V Regulators. I tried to copy the link but for some reason it's not working.
This is a high pressure regulator. Do you know if they're interchangeable with the regular pressure regulators? My propane handles are green so it's a regular one. the red handles are for high pressure. I ordered the high pressure but don't know if I can use it on the regular pressure, do you or anyone else know?
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 08:30 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
This is a high pressure regulator. Do you know if they're interchangeable with the regular pressure regulators? My propane handles are green so it's a regular one. the red handles are for high pressure. I ordered the high pressure but don't know if I can use it on the regular pressure, do you or anyone else know?
Here is a catalog for RV pressure regulators. It explains some of the different applications. The Rv regulators are all the same PRESSURE- 11 inches of water. The difference in the models has to do with the FLOW rate (how much you need to use at the the same time.
We got the highest flow regulator (green body) because 1) it was available, and 2) It will handle future needs if we ever get more gas stuff on our RV.

But we didn't really need the biggest one.

We got green knob pigtails, because that's all the flow we need. We have a small 5th wheel. If we had a monster trailer with more gas appliances, we might need bigger hoses. Anyway, here's a catalog that will help, and a photo of one of the pages to help you decide on the size.

https://www.marshallexcelsior.com/si...%20Catalog.pdf
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 10.19.06 AM.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	74586
Old 08-13-2021, 08:39 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8erfxr View Post
I noticed that is a high pressure regulator...can we use high pressure in a small RV...we just have the stove and the fridge and the water heater. Our connectors are green...doesn't that mean its a low pressure regulator?
Old 08-13-2021, 09:05 AM   #49

It is not high pressure. It is 11" WC which is standard on RV's. It IS high flow which means you can run more appliances without losing flow.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:20 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
Note the statement that you should be reimbursed, if you already had it swapped out.
We also bought a new regulator and my husband replaced it after having a huge flare up on the stovetop. Luckily no one was hurt, just a little burnt arm hair. Does anyone know the proper procedure to get reimbursed if you already fixed the problem??

We contacted Peerless-Premier appliance company in Illinois. And they shipped a new regulator (different one because the one we had was no longer sold due to problems). In any case it cost us $56.92 to replace it. Since we didn’t keep the old regulator it sounds like you will have a hard time getting any reimbursement.
Cindye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:55 PM   #51

I replaced my regulator about a year ago after smelling gas and not finding any connection leaks. Purchased new regulator from Amazon for about $25.00. Not worth taking the RV to a dealer and waiting for something so simple to replace.
Rubber Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 04:44 PM   #52

Hello out there. I have an extended warranty and have replaced over $600 in busted crap over the last year. When u r camping and u cannot give up u r RV for months to sit at a dealer u do that. Last dealer visit my FW sat for 7 months and charged the warranty company over 3k. I spent the $600 fixing crap that they said was just fine. So quit complaing about a $60 dollar regulator it is nothing. Wait until something big happens.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:18 PM   #53

i just got a call from my dealer this morning wanting to set up an appointment to switch out my propane regulator on recall. I said sure, what are the available days this month. She chuckled and said they dont have parts and dont expect them until Dec.. I ended up making an appointment in Jan. She advised i should use my regulator in manual mode, which i have no idea what that involves. I'll have to dig out the manual to figure out.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:09 AM   #54
Site Team

I've never heard that terminology for a regulator, but just guessing, it might be just to turn on only one tank, and when that one is empty, turn it off, then turn on the other one.
Just a thought on their wording.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:27 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
I've never heard that terminology for a regulator, but just guessing, it might be just to turn on only one tank, and when that one is empty, turn it off, then turn on the other one.
Yes, that would how you'd work it manually. Also your move the selector valve to which tank you're on as well.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:40 AM   #56
Site Team

Very true. I forgot to mention the selector.. However, our OE regulator doesn't have a selector on it. It's either a Camco or Sturgis model. I'd have to go look at it to be sure.

Our spare regulator is a Marshal 253, and does indeed have that valve on it. Been carrying it around for years, just in case.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:49 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post

Yup, i found the instructions for the regulator and that is exactly what it refers to. However, i don't get why it would make a difference what mode you use it in. Either way, it is still pushing pressure through the regulator. I don't think having two tanks open at the same time does present any higher pressure than one. I did find a Flame King regulator on Amzaon for $28 bucks, stating in stock soon.. Went ahead and ordered and plan to submit invoice to Jayco.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 08:35 PM   #58

Another letter today.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210908_195021179~5.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	75411
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:42 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
Another letter today.Attachment 75411
For those of you waiting for Jayco to ship a replacement to your dealer, an update. I talked with my dealer last week - he has a stack of about 90 orders waiting for a regulator, and has received only one regulator so far. He also reaffirmed that most of the in-scope regulators are not actually faulty (but still should be replaced due to the recall).

Jayco's mention of extended lead times in their latest letter likely means not-this-season for nearly everyone.

Good advice in this thread about replacing it yourself, using manual mode to minimize risk, being mindful of potential flare-ups, etc. Let's not allow this to be a barrier to enjoying our campers - enjoy the great outdoors this fall, and take reasonable precautions.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:08 AM   #60

I would love to just replace ours ourselves but am confused on what to replace it with. See lots of links but many are sold out. Wish we had specs to see what to get and try trailer stores etc.