Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2021, 02:13 PM   #61

Got my follow-up notice today for lp gas regulator recall. Made a phone call to Pharr RV Lubbock, and service manager advised he did not have, did not know if or when he would have, any regulators to perform the recall. I also reminded him I had replaced the failed WinnTek regulator in February. He gave me Jayco's number (800) 283-8267 and asked that I call them and report both the failure and the 'fix'. Called the number, was #8 in the que, requested call back and got one within five minutes. Answered the phone, told the nice lady on the other end about my notices, Her immediate response-"If you are still using propane I am asking you to go turn it off NOW." No, not in use but I was calling to advise I have performed the repair myself due to failure last February. Her response-"Was anyone injured due to the failure?" No, nothing but my pocketbook...she laughed then apologized, said that gas regulator had caused a lot of problems. She asked what kind of regulator I replaced the WinnCo with, I told her I didn't know, she said ALL WinnCo/WinnTek regulators were defective and Jayco recommended replacement with ANY OTHER BRAND available. Then I was told the repair was noted (after she asked for the last 6 of the VIN) on the unit and I shouldn't be getting any more correspondence from Jayco.
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:26 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms View Post
I would love to just replace ours ourselves but am confused on what to replace it with. See lots of links but many are sold out. Wish we had specs to see what to get and try trailer stores etc.
I got this at the local Ace Hardware, don't think they carry it any more. TPA model ACR-2 Otherwise known as Flame King.
https://www.wayfair.com/Flame-King--...hoCf9YQAvD_BwE
Attached Thumbnails
20210913_095026.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2021, 02:44 PM   #63
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblast523 View Post
snip..... Then I was told the repair was noted (after she asked for the last 6 of the VIN) on the unit and I shouldn't be getting any more correspondence from Jayco.
In other words...., 'no reimbursement' (?).

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 03:13 PM   #64

Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
In other words...., 'no reimbursement' (?).

Bob
You are correct. All Jayco is 'required' to do is provide the part (which they cannot) and install it -IF- the defective part is still attached to the original vehicle in use.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:57 PM   #65

It seems I was lucky. As soon as I saw this recall on this site I looked at mine and my in-laws. Both were included. The dealer had me email all info and pictures. Both have been done already. I must have got ahead of people that waited for the recall letter.
Old 09-13-2021, 05:12 PM   #66

I was able to score two high flow units before the supplies were wiped out. One is for a spare. Had issues with the OE regulator since day one. New regulator took care of it. New regulators will be hard to come by for sometime.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:51 PM   #67

Click image for larger version

Name:	regulator.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	75549I ordered mine shortly after the official notice came out. Amazon put a delivery date on it this past weekend, and already "updated" that again.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:12 PM   #68

I saw some on the shelf at an RV store near Delaware OH this past weekend. Camping world is showing them in stock.

They're out there if you want to buy them, but getting the dealers to fix it under the recall is another thing altogether.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:35 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblast523 View Post
You are correct. All Jayco is 'required' to do is provide the part (which they cannot) and install it -IF- the defective part is still attached to the original vehicle in use.
I moved from phone to email when I didn't get satisfaction. When they said no in an email, I asked to escalate and then they said I would be reimbursed. I have to head out to the storage facility to take a picture of the new regulator and that supposedly is the last step in the process.

Fingers are still crossed.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:23 AM   #70

I am still confused on which regulator to buy. There are so many of them.
loriemoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:38 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by colby View Post
I moved from phone to email when I didn't get satisfaction. When they said no in an email, I asked to escalate and then they said I would be reimbursed. I have to head out to the storage facility to take a picture of the new regulator and that supposedly is the last step in the process.

Fingers are still crossed.
The latest email (5 minutes ago after me sending in the pictures of the replacement regulator 30 minutes ago):

We are all good, reimbursement has been submitted. Have a great day.

Now let's see how much they reimburse...

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Old 09-14-2021, 01:09 PM   #72

Quote:
I am still confused on which regulator to buy. There are so many of them.
Here's where you start-
The Specs for the one you have.

Make sure you start by searching for an RV propane AUTO CHANGEOVER regulator.
Then the capacity should be the same or more than this model.
The output pressure should be set at 11 WC
If yours is vertical, don't get a horizontal one.

The inlet fittings and output fittings should be the same as the ones on your model. If you get an RV specific regulator, they probably will be.

Make sure you get new pigtail hoses.

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...tec%206020.pdf
Old 09-14-2021, 06:11 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati Kid View Post
Here's where you start-
The Specs for the one you have.

Make sure you start by searching for an RV propane AUTO CHANGEOVER regulator.
Then the capacity should be the same or more than this model.
The output pressure should be set at 11 WC
If yours is vertical, don't get a horizontal one.

The inlet fittings and output fittings should be the same as the ones on your model. If you get an RV specific regulator, they probably will be.

Make sure you get new pigtail hoses.

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...tec%206020.pdf
Thank you!!!
loriemoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:13 PM   #74

Quote:
Thank you!!!
Plenty of info here on one company and how to select regulator.

https://www.marshallexcelsior.com/si...%20Catalog.pdf

Including this handy photo-

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 1.10.17 AM.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	75580
Old 09-18-2021, 10:08 AM   #75

Propane Regulator recall

I need help. I need a picture of the regular with numbers N18 XX. Jayco says I need a picture of my regulator. Natural it went to the trash. It should look similar to picture in my post. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
regulator1.jpg  
steve.jurnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:00 PM   #76

Unbelievable

In May of this year I noticed a dangerous propane leak coming from the factory installed propane regulator vent. I immediately purchased and replaced the faulty regulator.
In August, I received the faulty propane regulator recall notice. I immediately attempted to call the phone number listed on the notice and due to the long answering wait times, I elected to be called back. I called three different days and never received a call back! I called your CS (for the 4th time) today and finally got to speak to a CS rep. She said the cut-off date for reimbursement cost for the regulator was August 13 2021 and that I was not eligible for reimbursement cost. There is no mention of any reimbursement cut-off date in the recall notice!
Is this really how Jayco is handling a potentially dangerous product recall? By not calling customers back and not including important reimbursement information in the recall notice.
VarMitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:59 PM   #77
Site Team

Are you asking this question to JOF? We have nothing to do with Jayco and as far as I know they do not answers questions put forth on this independently owned forum.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:29 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarMitt View Post
In May of this year I noticed a dangerous propane leak coming from the factory installed propane regulator vent. I immediately purchased and replaced the faulty regulator.
In August, I received the faulty propane regulator recall notice. I immediately attempted to call the phone number listed on the notice and due to the long answering wait times, I elected to be called back. I called three different days and never received a call back! I called your CS (for the 4th time) today and finally got to speak to a CS rep. She said the cut-off date for reimbursement cost for the regulator was August 13 2021 and that I was not eligible for reimbursement cost. There is no mention of any reimbursement cut-off date in the recall notice!
Is this really how Jayco is handling a potentially dangerous product recall? By not calling customers back and not including important reimbursement information in the recall notice.
I got the same message. Email them and get the refusal in writing and then ask for it to be escalated. I got it through that way for a similar condition (outside of the 10 days).

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Old 09-21-2021, 05:46 PM   #79

Reply to norty1

Norty1: I don't believe I was asking a question. I was simply stating my experience and frustration with Jayco's bad handling of the regulator recall. I do enjoy reading the forum topics, but I rarely post replies and apparently I should just stick to reading rather than posting.
VarMitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:03 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.jurnigan View Post
I got my letter 8/10/21, I change mine last month because it was leaking gas at the vent. Jayco told me they want a picture or the old regulator. They also want me to carry it to be checked my the dealer. I got a picture off the internet. They want a picture they will have one. Who would save an old regulator or take a picture? Thank God it didn't catch fire. Good luck, there will be a back log of repairs. If I am out $72 for a regulator I be dam if I will take it back for them to look at.

Where did u find a replacement regulator? I’ve been looking in my area and can’t find one.
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote