Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-23-2021, 09:06 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarMitt View Post
Norty1: I don't believe I was asking a question. I was simply stating my experience and frustration with Jayco's bad handling of the regulator recall. I do enjoy reading the forum topics, but I rarely post replies and apparently I should just stick to reading rather than posting.
It wasn’t difficult to realize you were asking a question. Defiantly keep posting questions and comments. I talked to Jayco early Aug and they told me I could buy my own regulator, have an authorized dealer install it and they would reimburse their cost. Now that I have the regulator and after contacting dealer, the dealer is saying they won’t install my regulator. Certainly a lot of misinformation coming from Jayco on this matter. I ended up installing myself and will eat the $60 bucks.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 09:15 PM   #82

Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
It wasn’t difficult to realize you were asking a question. Defiantly keep posting questions and comments. I talked to Jayco early Aug and they told me I could buy my own regulator, have an authorized dealer install it and they would reimburse their cost. Now that I have the regulator and after contacting dealer, the dealer is saying they won’t install my regulator. Certainly a lot of misinformation coming from Jayco on this matter. I ended up installing myself and will eat the $60 bucks.
Mine was $38.45. My dealer told me the can't get replacement regulators and WILL NOT install outside vendor supplied parts. It would have cost me $57.60 (just fuel) to drive my tt to the dealer to let them install a part they don't have and don't know when or if they will EVER have. I'm ahead! Told Jayco I fixed it myself, they said I wouldn't be getting any more notices and I'm THRILLED...as you should be!
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 07:52 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblast523 View Post
Mine was $38.45. My dealer told me the can't get replacement regulators and WILL NOT install outside vendor supplied parts. It would have cost me $57.60 (just fuel) to drive my tt to the dealer to let them install a part they don't have and don't know when or if they will EVER have. I'm ahead! Told Jayco I fixed it myself, they said I wouldn't be getting any more notices and I'm THRILLED...as you should be!
My dealer said the same thing, they told me in Aug they didn't expect parts until Dec. That's why i opted to purchase my own.. The only one if could find shippable to match or exceed flow rate was a Marsh Excel Regulator. I paid a little more hoping ot have somewhat better quality.. I just noticed the Marsh is now 20 bucks more and not available. I'm all set for our annual Thanksgiving feast up int he Sierras. Thank God.
Old 10-10-2021, 09:22 AM   #84

Well I thought I was good since sn N20. Just found out N17-N21 all recalled
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 LB, DRW, HO Motor 4:10 Air Suspension, 12” Info Center.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:49 PM   #85

Propane pegulator recall

I finally got tired of the "no idea when new regulators will be in" answer. I also installed a different one.

I called Jayco and got the song and dance and the next day a Jayco Customer service person called and told me Jayco had approved 6 suppliers to provide regulators and Jayco would reimburse the servicing dealership if they bought them.

I was also told that the approved suppliers and part numbers were provided to the corporate offices. She told me the suppliers, but not the part numbers. So far, I haven't had much luck getting the part numbers from Camping World (the closest Jayco dealer). Surprise Surprise

Here are the 6 approved suppliers.
Fairview
Wyn
Marshall
Camco
Flame King
Cavayna
RMRoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:56 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMRoper View Post
I finally got tired of the "no idea when new regulators will be in" answer. I also installed a different one.

I called Jayco and got the song and dance and the next day a Jayco Customer service person called and told me Jayco had approved 6 suppliers to provide regulators and Jayco would reimburse the servicing dealership if they bought them.

I was also told that the approved suppliers and part numbers were provided to the corporate offices. She told me the suppliers, but not the part numbers. So far, I haven't had much luck getting the part numbers from Camping World (the closest Jayco dealer). Surprise Surprise

Here are the 6 approved suppliers.
Fairview
Wyn
Marshall
Camco
Flame King
Cavayna

Good Luck - Jayco told be something similar but said if i bought my own regulator, an authorized dealer would have to install it in order to process a claim for recall refund,.. I purchased a Marshal Regulator on Amazon and when i called my nearby Jayco dealer to set up an appt to install it, they said no way, they will not install it under recall unless the part was from Jayco. I insgtalled it myself in less then 20 min and gave up on the Jayco BS, which seems to be the only thing they are good at.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:31 PM   #87

I called Enerco. Great service I just received my new regulator and will send the old one back to them prepaid. I got great service and the replacement in 5 days. New replacement is high performance 400,k btu. I also just got 400k btu hoses from etrailer 5 ft long to connect to my big propane cyl at my camp. Just call them and they r great and change it
Out urself.
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 LB, DRW, HO Motor 4:10 Air Suspension, 12” Info Center.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:17 PM   #88

My dealer also won't install a regulator we would buy ourselves or even recommend what kind of regulator to buy. We are probably going to have to install ourselves as well
loriemoms is offline   Reply With Quote