Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-23-2021, 09:06 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarMitt View Post
Norty1: I don't believe I was asking a question. I was simply stating my experience and frustration with Jayco's bad handling of the regulator recall. I do enjoy reading the forum topics, but I rarely post replies and apparently I should just stick to reading rather than posting.
It wasn’t difficult to realize you were asking a question. Defiantly keep posting questions and comments. I talked to Jayco early Aug and they told me I could buy my own regulator, have an authorized dealer install it and they would reimburse their cost. Now that I have the regulator and after contacting dealer, the dealer is saying they won’t install my regulator. Certainly a lot of misinformation coming from Jayco on this matter. I ended up installing myself and will eat the $60 bucks.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 09:15 PM   #82

Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
It wasn’t difficult to realize you were asking a question. Defiantly keep posting questions and comments. I talked to Jayco early Aug and they told me I could buy my own regulator, have an authorized dealer install it and they would reimburse their cost. Now that I have the regulator and after contacting dealer, the dealer is saying they won’t install my regulator. Certainly a lot of misinformation coming from Jayco on this matter. I ended up installing myself and will eat the $60 bucks.
Mine was $38.45. My dealer told me the can't get replacement regulators and WILL NOT install outside vendor supplied parts. It would have cost me $57.60 (just fuel) to drive my tt to the dealer to let them install a part they don't have and don't know when or if they will EVER have. I'm ahead! Told Jayco I fixed it myself, they said I wouldn't be getting any more notices and I'm THRILLED...as you should be!
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 07:52 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblast523 View Post
Mine was $38.45. My dealer told me the can't get replacement regulators and WILL NOT install outside vendor supplied parts. It would have cost me $57.60 (just fuel) to drive my tt to the dealer to let them install a part they don't have and don't know when or if they will EVER have. I'm ahead! Told Jayco I fixed it myself, they said I wouldn't be getting any more notices and I'm THRILLED...as you should be!
My dealer said the same thing, they told me in Aug they didn't expect parts until Dec. That's why i opted to purchase my own.. The only one if could find shippable to match or exceed flow rate was a Marsh Excel Regulator. I paid a little more hoping ot have somewhat better quality.. I just noticed the Marsh is now 20 bucks more and not available. I'm all set for our annual Thanksgiving feast up int he Sierras. Thank God.
Old 10-10-2021, 09:22 AM   #84

Well I thought I was good since sn N20. Just found out N17-N21 all recalled
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:49 PM   #85

Propane pegulator recall

I finally got tired of the "no idea when new regulators will be in" answer. I also installed a different one.

I called Jayco and got the song and dance and the next day a Jayco Customer service person called and told me Jayco had approved 6 suppliers to provide regulators and Jayco would reimburse the servicing dealership if they bought them.

I was also told that the approved suppliers and part numbers were provided to the corporate offices. She told me the suppliers, but not the part numbers. So far, I haven't had much luck getting the part numbers from Camping World (the closest Jayco dealer). Surprise Surprise

Here are the 6 approved suppliers.
Fairview
Wyn
Marshall
Camco
Flame King
Cavayna
RMRoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:56 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMRoper View Post
I finally got tired of the "no idea when new regulators will be in" answer. I also installed a different one.

I called Jayco and got the song and dance and the next day a Jayco Customer service person called and told me Jayco had approved 6 suppliers to provide regulators and Jayco would reimburse the servicing dealership if they bought them.

I was also told that the approved suppliers and part numbers were provided to the corporate offices. She told me the suppliers, but not the part numbers. So far, I haven't had much luck getting the part numbers from Camping World (the closest Jayco dealer). Surprise Surprise

Here are the 6 approved suppliers.
Fairview
Wyn
Marshall
Camco
Flame King
Cavayna

Good Luck - Jayco told be something similar but said if i bought my own regulator, an authorized dealer would have to install it in order to process a claim for recall refund,.. I purchased a Marshal Regulator on Amazon and when i called my nearby Jayco dealer to set up an appt to install it, they said no way, they will not install it under recall unless the part was from Jayco. I insgtalled it myself in less then 20 min and gave up on the Jayco BS, which seems to be the only thing they are good at.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:31 PM   #87

I called Enerco. Great service I just received my new regulator and will send the old one back to them prepaid. I got great service and the replacement in 5 days. New replacement is high performance 400,k btu. I also just got 400k btu hoses from etrailer 5 ft long to connect to my big propane cyl at my camp. Just call them and they r great and change it
Out urself.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:17 PM   #88

My dealer also won't install a regulator we would buy ourselves or even recommend what kind of regulator to buy. We are probably going to have to install ourselves as well
loriemoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 06:49 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Well I thought I was good since sn N20. Just found out N17-N21 all recalled
Do you know when the N20 was recalled? Just want to confirm since it was N17-N19 and I am running an N20.

The recall notice specified Jacyos from those years up to 2021, but only Wintec date codes of N17-N19. Attached is the NHTSA document as part of the investigation supplied by Keystone RV.

Document: RCLRPT-21V427-6507
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V427000 https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaI...000&refurl=rss
Wintec Chen Fong N 17, N 18, N 19
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RCLRPT-21V427-6507.PDF (208.7 KB, 6 views)
gobdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:32 AM   #90

I found that info on another RV website ( sorry cannot remember which one). I called Enerco and they said it is on the list. There customer service was great. Had a new one in a week with return shipping for old one.
Old 12-14-2021, 09:31 PM   #91

Jayco told me yesterday that I cannot send them the receipt for the regulator I bought and installed. I explained that I work full time and live part time in the unit and that, while I had reported my recall notice to the dealer, I could not wait for the fix. It's winter after all!

They told me that the only recall reimbursements are for dealer installed regulators because they are leak tested. I did not argue or explain that a monkey with a bar of soap and his spit could do the leak test. Any way just one man's experience. I'll see if the dealer will ever call me for the replacement; they said it could be a year. That's awesome!

I gotta keep moving on. I have a dear friend with brain cancer; I'm not going to give Jayco and the Chinese regulators another thought. I am so grateful I found a good one at a local hardware store and that God gave me the money to buy it, a good mind, body, and tools to install it, expertly, and sweet help-meet wife to assist me. Now, that looks just like the definition of a blessed man!

gunafulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 10:05 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
I found that info on another RV website ( sorry cannot remember which one). I called Enerco and they said it is on the list. There customer service was great. Had a new one in a week with return shipping for old one.
Wait... There's another RV Web Site?
Old 12-15-2021, 08:51 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunafulltime View Post
Jayco told me yesterday that I cannot send them the receipt for the regulator I bought and installed.

Jayco has spun this recall problem worse than Politicians spin their BS. I personally talked to them twice and both times they said they would reimburse me for parts and labor if i had a authorized dealer install the part.. When i attempted to have a Jayco dealer install my regulator, they said nope because Jayco has to supply the part. When i called Jayco back they said the Dealer is wrong, take it back.. Long story short, The Monkey with a bar of soap in his hand installed the part. Been a very nice cozy Winter since.
Old 12-16-2021, 12:38 AM   #94

I replace mines already I didn't want them to keep my fiver another 7 months, I'm happy.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 08:32 PM   #95

Hey, me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblast523 View Post
In February temp got to -14 (yes, in Texas) and BOTH freshly filled propane tanks vented to empty in less than 12 hours. The electric warmer in the Norcold also failed. I replaced the propane and tanks, and regulator immediately started venting. (Hey, it's cold at 0 degrees f) and I was able to obtain a Mr. Heater regulator at the local Ace Hardware for under $22. Replaced it myself. It was so cold outside, the fridge never warmed. Not worried about the recall, probably the lowest cost claim they will ever see, if I even file a claim. Oh, my dealer, 110 miles away said they would call IF they got a replacement in, otherwise I could pay to replace with a replacement "not provided by Jayco" and submit a claim for reimbursement. Not an option, driving 220+ unreimbursed miles round trip, then maybe being denied claim for recall repair at an authorized dealer who charges us peons $125/hr.

Walked out to look at the tt, put a couple of things inside...smelled propane. Lifted lid on tank covers...whewwy. Temp at 58 degrees, wind blowing about 45 mph still got the gas stink. Turned off both valves (had been using furnace set to 40 degrees for heat in leu of winterizing) venting stopped. Got out the soap and sponge...no leaks in joints, but it's venting from....the vent. Called Ace and inquired about warranty. They knew nothing of it, but the packaging on the unit in the store says 90 days. So I am now replacing THIS...
Attached Thumbnails
20211228_152706.jpg  
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 08:52 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
Jayco has spun this recall problem worse than Politicians spin their BS. I personally talked to them twice and both times they said they would reimburse me for parts and labor if i had a authorized dealer install the part.. When i attempted to have a Jayco dealer install my regulator, they said nope because Jayco has to supply the part. When i called Jayco back they said the Dealer is wrong, take it back.. Long story short, The Monkey with a bar of soap in his hand installed the part. Been a very nice cozy Winter since.
Jayco is right our dealer happily installed our regulator we bought and new pigtails and told jayco our recall was completed. But Jayco reimbursing you? Nope no deal. But it was only 60 bucks and we were in and out. Current wait from Jayco is a year.
loriemoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 07:38 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms View Post
Jayco is right our dealer happily installed our regulator we bought and new pigtails and told jayco our recall was completed. But Jayco reimbursing you? Nope no deal. But it was only 60 bucks and we were in and out. Current wait from Jayco is a year.
My dealer installed the regulator I bought and also had to buy hoses. Dealer put in a claim to Jayco, said Jayco is gonna cover labor, regulator and hoses. We'll see how it turns out but I doubt my dealer would have done that if Jayco wasn't gonna cover costs.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 09:21 AM   #98

I have found that there are some dealers that have a great rapport with Jayco. The dealer that I use in Louisiana, Steve's RV, has 42 years with Jayco under his belt. He can really get stuff done!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 09:56 AM   #99

This keeps popping up. Nothing has changed in months. If you wait for Jayco, they're just going to replace it with another China bomb. My advice- If yours isn't broken yet, search for an American made regulator and order it. Put it on yourself, or pay someone to do it. Then submit a claim through your rv dealer- they'll either pay or not pay, but you'll have a reliable regulator.
Old 12-29-2021, 09:58 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati Kid View Post
This keeps popping up. Nothing has changed in months. If you wait for Jayco, they're just going to replace it with another China bomb. My advice- If yours isn't broken yet, search for an American made regulator and order it. Put it on yourself, or pay someone to do it. Then submit a claim through your rv dealer- they'll either pay or not pay, but you'll have a reliable regulator.
Amen brother!!!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote