Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-29-2021, 01:33 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms View Post
Jayco is right our dealer happily installed our regulator we bought and new pigtails and told jayco our recall was completed. But Jayco reimbursing you? Nope no deal. But it was only 60 bucks and we were in and out. Current wait from Jayco is a year.
Mine was leaking not long after word of the recall came out, but weeks before the letters were to come out. I had taken pictures, so I knew that my unit was impacted, and my dealer jumped in before the July long weekend (let me drop it off with less than a week's notice on the second and I picked it up on the 5th), and told me to hang onto the invoice. They followed the remediation steps that were on the NHTSA pages that I saw early on which was to replace the unit and do a pressure test. We were headed out camping on the 8th, so the speedy service was very much appreciated.

It took a couple of emails back and forth with Jayco (and getting it escalated out of the service desk up to a management level); however, i was compensated for the repairs - The normal coat of the regulator (to Jayco I am guessing), the labor to change and the cost of doing the pressure test.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 06:49 PM   #102

About five months ago I got the regulator recall notice. I sent the picture to my dealer and they ordered the regulator, three months later they called and said it was in and it was time for me to make an appointment, closest they had was two months off which was today. They replaced the regulator and both pigtails which was good. Jayco warranty department also told me about a bulletin notice on the furnace, it is not a recall but they said I should have it checked which they did today. All I know is they called it a sleeve that protected the wiring and my RV didn't have it so here we go again, they ordered it and said they would call when it got in. Here we go again!
Old 01-08-2022, 04:53 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinforthefinish View Post
About five months ago I got the regulator recall notice. I sent the picture to my dealer and they ordered the regulator, three months later they called and said it was in and it was time for me to make an appointment, closest they had was two months off which was today. They replaced the regulator and both pigtails which was good. Jayco warranty department also told me about a bulletin notice on the furnace, it is not a recall but they said I should have it checked which they did today. All I know is they called it a sleeve that protected the wiring and my RV didn't have it so here we go again, they ordered it and said they would call when it got in. Here we go again!
Does anyone know if there’s a way for us to look for service bulletins like you mentioned?
It would be a good thing to keep an eye on.
As if we don’t have enough problems that keep presenting themselves!
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:00 AM   #104

@RacinForTheFinish

Is it this bulletin?
October 1, 2021
Subject: Cooktop Burner Flames May Invert
Makes/Models/Model Years:
JAYCO/JAY FEATHER/2021-2022
JAYCO/JAY FLIGHT SLX/2021-2022

@Nature Ist - Search Jayco Service Bulletin (or just Jayco) + NHTSA on your favorite search engine. Google returns more accurate results. https://www.google.com/search?q=nhts...rvice+Bulletin
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RCAK-21V762-6246.pdf (630.7 KB, 14 views)
gobdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:14 AM   #105

Replaced the regulator myself

I got tired of waiting. With the upcoming (now current) snowstorm in Central Virginia and a winter weekend camping trip coming up, I couldn't wait 9+ months. I read another post on this thread about going with Calore Equipment Inc. The other poster went with a high flow unit so I went the same route.
  • Cost: $111.42 ($85 product, $26.42 shipping)
  • Note: At the time of the order, they do not have the brass fittings available for the supply lines (in our out). However, the brass fittings from the defective unit worked just fine.

I cleaned the threads, wrapped with YELLOW 300 PSI PTFE gas tape, and installed. Then I installed the propane tanks and used a YellowJacket gas pressure testing device to ensure pressure. At first test, I was at 25 inches of water column which was WAY over where I was supposed to be between 11-13 inches of WC.

I took the plastic cover off of the front and slowly loosened the regulator adjuster. Unfortunately I almost completely backed out the adjuster until I got down to 12.5 inches of WC which is what the OEM unit was set for. Never the less, I got the new device down to 12.5 inches of WC and ran my 10 minute pressure tests on both tanks. Everything held at 12.5-12.8 inches. I then ran every appliance on gas: oven, stove, refrigerator, gas heater, and outdoor burners. At full load, it dropped down to 12.4 inches of WC but no flame outs or weak flames. When finished, it leveled off to 12.7-12.8 inches of WC.

I am happy with the MB Sturgis unit.

If I can get reimbursement then I will. If not, not big deal. I'd rather be out of pocket and safe then run with a defective unit and sleep on gas-fueled ticking bomb.
gobdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:43 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobdeep View Post
@RacinForTheFinish

Is it this bulletin?
October 1, 2021
Subject: Cooktop Burner Flames May Invert
Makes/Models/Model Years:
JAYCO/JAY FEATHER/2021-2022
JAYCO/JAY FLIGHT SLX/2021-2022

@Nature Ist - Search Jayco Service Bulletin (or just Jayco) + NHTSA on your favorite search engine. Google returns more accurate results. https://www.google.com/search?q=nhts...rvice+Bulletin
That is the recall notice for the regulator. There is a separate bulletin about the furnace sleeve. I had to ask my dealership service adviser about it. He looked it up and found it.
Old 01-18-2022, 07:50 PM   #107

I replaced my leaking regulator back in August with an MB Sturgis because we were headed to the Colorado mountains for a month and winter comes early there. I found one at a local rv store for less the $60. I knew it wouldn't satisfy the recall so I called my dealer a couple of weeks ago to see what was up. The service lady said she had one for me and bring it on the 18th, today. Set the appointment for 1:00 and we were on our way home at 2:00. Since we are about 100 miles from them they have been really good with getting us in and out on the same day for the few times we have needed something.

Now to decide if I want to reinstall my MB Sturgis or keep theirs which is a Fairview. I have never heard of them so no idea if they are any better or not. I did find them listed at $104 on Amazon but that may be short supply pricing.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 10:12 AM   #108

Got a call from the dealership, our replacement propane regulator for the recall is in stock. Have to call them back and setup an appointment. Anyone else still waiting on the saddle valve stovetop recall?
mharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 07:33 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharrison View Post
Got a call from the dealership, our replacement propane regulator for the recall is in stock. Have to call them back and setup an appointment. Anyone else still waiting on the saddle valve stovetop recall?
My dealer says they have the saddle valve but no regulator for me yet. It should not take this long.
Gregorysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 11:37 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorysc View Post
My dealer says they have the saddle valve but no regulator for me yet. It should not take this long.
Took them 20 minutes to replace our regulator yesterday. I asked about the saddle valve recall and he said they are waiting on more parts. Out of the 200 they have repaired so far only one stove top had a leak.
mharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 04:28 PM   #111

Looks like they have figured out some details on the issue, and mine is no longer under the recall... Good thing they already replaced it (plus it was leaking)...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Regulator Recall.pdf (802.4 KB, 31 views)

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 01:42 PM   #112

Just got the same letter and I have confirmed that our rig does not require one based on the letter and 2017 date. Never had any issues with ours so fingers crossed we will be fine. Our dealer wasn’t even aware of this yet so obviously this is a recent development. Happy that I don’t have to drag it back to the dealer too since I would typically need to leave it with them. One less thing to do when spring arrives.
Wilsonbryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 05:55 PM   #113

Mines was done about 3 weeks ago. Had been on order for 5 months or so. Dealer called me on a Tuesday saying it was in. Dropped the 5er off the following Monday morning before work and picked it up that same Monday after work.
Old 03-03-2022, 05:13 PM   #114

Dealer called me yesterday and told me the replacement regulator and part for the stove were in. Brought it in today and was out of there in 20 minutes.
Gregorysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 09:53 AM   #115

Got call from dealer while we were out traveling that the regulator had arrived, took about 5 months. Made an appointment showed up done in 20 minutes all is good. The replacement is a Cavagna 924N so that is interesting.
Jolvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:10 PM   #116

20 code regulator too?

My dealer is telling me the recall has been extended to "20" code regulators and mine now needs replaced. When they get stock. In some indeterminate future.

Can't find any documentation to support this, anyone hearing the same from their dealers?
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 07:24 PM   #117

Here’s the recall report… “20” codes are included: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/202...1V685-4633.PDF
Revz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 04:29 PM   #118

Just got my official Jayco letter today here in California.
They wrote the numbers wrong! They typed XX 18, XX 19, XX 20.
From postings here and the official NHTSA I figured it, but sheesh!
Ruddy is offline   Reply With Quote