Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2019, 07:17 PM   #1

Talon fuel tank recall

Just got a notice in the mail about my fuel tank retraining straps or fasteners. Thought I would put this out there for other Talon owners, not sure what models are affected. Sounds like the fuel cell could fall out, burst into flames and kill someone, nothing too serious! From what it sounds like they are going to inspect the fuel cell straps and fasteners, and if needed do a repair. Again just a heads up. Oh here's the recall number 19v-172
PistonSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:41 AM   #2

I already looked at mine and all seemed well. But I'll mention it to dealer next time in so they can check too. Thanks for the heads up.
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:28 AM   #3

Got my notice yesterday too.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:25 AM   #4

I dropped mine off yesterday, they said a week out before they can look at it. No worries. I added a few things too. The wife noticed a crack in the fiberglass on the right side. The SA said it might be from the screws they use to attach the trim. I'm not in a rush to get it back just want it fixed correctly.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #5

I only drop off for a week at a time. I like mine ready to use when I want to. I just take in so they can order what they need. I go back when they have the parts and have me on the schedule.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:48 PM   #6

I talked to the service department and apparently Jayco used low grade bolts to secure the straps. The bolt heads break off. They will replace the bolts with grade 5 and replace the captured nuts that are one time use lock nuts.
Bend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksb View Post
I only drop off for a week at a time. I like mine ready to use when I want to. I just take in so they can order what they need. I go back when they have the parts and have me on the schedule.
If I had a camping trip planned I would be more apt to push and get is sooner. But after this last trip, I got a few things on the TV that need to be repaired. My rotors are so warped that without the trailer on the vehicle shakes bad. I have a rear pinion seal that started leaking on the way home, and a few exhaust leaks that need to be fixed.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bend View Post
I talked to the service department and apparently Jayco used low grade bolts to secure the straps. The bolt heads break off. They will replace the bolts with grade 5 and replace the captured nuts that are one time use lock nuts.

I wonder if this is the one I got 19v-172 was the recall number.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:58 AM   #9

Never heard of an RV recall they are pretty much exempt from that world!
brettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:34 AM   #10

From my recall letter:"Safety Recall: 19V-172 2019-126 March 2019".
"This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Jayco has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain Model Year 2018 Seismic and Talon fifth wheels."
The letter goes on to describe the issue with the "fastening method used to secure the fuel tank."
Bend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:36 PM   #11

Once I saw this post about the recall I just replaced the bolts myself with grade 8 hardware. It’s a pain to take my trailer into the dealer, way easier to do myself.
lfmajel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:13 AM   #12

tank

I noticed shortly after purchasing my 393t the tank was hanging down.I replaced the bolts and straps myself
fdny136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 12:32 PM   #13

Safety recall

We have gotten 2 recalls in the last month for our Melbourne 24L. One was for the passenger and the other for the driver airbags. Both came from the chassis manufacturer, Mercedes.
rowemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksb View Post
I already looked at mine and all seemed well. But I'll mention it to dealer next time in so they can check too. Thanks for the heads up.
It's the bolts that hold the straps. The bolts may not be the right grade. The heads could break on the bolts. The fix us replacement of the bolts.
Karl Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:52 PM   #15

recall

While we were parked at our campsite my husband noticed a piece of metal under the toy hauler. It was the bracket. He replaced all of the bolts. We received the recall about 3-4 weeks after this. Please check this out as it could have caused a real problem going down the road.
Tschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote