Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-21-2021, 07:19 PM   #41

Both Lorimoms and Postmike have an issue, but it appears they are not the same issue.
Confusing, I know.

Ok, so I did some research. I would use my trailer and compensate for the issue until parts are in.

For all Jayco recalls:
JAYCO RECALL NOTICES - LATEST RECALLS FOR JAYCO - ARFC

It appears that Jayco did a recall in May 2021 for stove leak, a recall in June 2021 for primary regulator failure.

JAYCO RECALL NOTICES - LATEST RECALLS FOR JAYCO - ARFC

For the primary trailer regulator:
Jayco, Inc. (“Jayco”), a Middlebury, Indiana establishment and subsidiary of Thor Industries of Elkhart, Indiana, has recalled an estimated 87,649 model year 2017-2018 Jayco Designer, 2017-2021 Eagle HT, Eagle, Jay Feather, Jay Flight SLX, Jay Flight, North Point, Octane Superlite, Pinnacle, White Hawk, 2017-2020 Eagle HT, 2018-2021 Jay Flight Bungalow, 2017-2019 Octane, and 2019-2020 Eagle HTX Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels equipped with a Winntec model 6020 two-stage Propane Regulator marketed, sold and delivered in the United States.

Recall Category: Equipment – Propane Regulator may fail and cause fire

NHTSA Safety Notification 21V425000 reports the regulator may fail, causing an increase in propane pressure.

For the Stove in May 2021:
Jayco has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exits in certain 2019 and 2020 Jayco White Hawk,
Jay Flight SLX, Jay Feather, Jay Flight travel trailers. Starcraft Mossy Oak, GPS, Mossy Oak Lite, Autumn Ridge Outfitter,
Launch Outfitter travel trailers Highland Ridge, Open Range, Mesa Ridge, Highlander, Silverstar travel trailers and fifth
wheels. Alante, Precept, Greyhawk, Redhawk, Esteem and Odyssey motorhomes, manufactured with the Dometic S31,
R1731 or R2131 propane-cooking stove.
An odor of gas near the stove may be detected when not in operation. If user attempts to
tighten the bolt for the stove’s valve in order to stop the smell, they could over-tightened the
bolt and cause damage to a seal. This can result in a continous gas leak. A propane gas leak
could create risk of a fire or explosion.
Replace the manifold bolts and valve seals and perform a leak test. Dometic Recall Hotline
contact #s: 888-943-4905 or 574-389-3713 or go to www.Dometic.com
Please read the enclosed information from Dometic carefully and confirm the model and serial
number of the cooking stove in your recreational vehicle. If the model and serial number is
included in the Dometic recall population, please call a Jayco dealer as soon as possible and set
an appointment for the Recall Remedy.
DO NOT USE YOUR STOVE IF IN THE AFFECTED POPULATION.
When inspection does NOT find a recalled cooking stove, please complete and return the
Compliance Reply Form to Jayco so we can update our records.
Federal regulations require that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the
lessee within ten days.
If you had this repair completed prior to receipt of this recall notice, you may be eligible to receive
reimbursement for the cost of obtaining a pre-notification remedy of the problem associated with this recall.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 08:21 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms View Post
Our dealer said it will be months before they can replace our recalled propane regulator. We have a 22RL Jayfeather. I've seen lots of threads with replacement links but many are out of stock. Also seen a lot of threads where the replacement ones Kayco will have dealer put in are cheap and leak. We would like to do it ourselves but would like to put in one that isn't going to leak (better quality) Which regulators are you putting in (brand and model ) would like to do a search to see if we can find one! Not using our propane has been beyond a hassle!
Hi Everyone. I have to chime in on this one. This issue is going to be a s--t show given the industry wide literally thousands of defective regulators out there. We own a 2020 29RKS. Ours crapped out about 8 weeks ago (before notice of recall was made) and I had to react to the situation immediately. On the advice of a tech at our local propane appliance store I purchased a MEGR-253 at a cost of $110 Canadian. Installed it myself as it was near impossible to get someone to come out to our RV park to do the install. This is not a big job as the dealers or factory would have us believe. Just go online and there are literally dozens of DIY install youtube videos. After I replaced ours I heard about the possible recall from a fellow camper so called our dealer and was advised that there would be a recall notice coming but as it was industry wide it probably would take some time to resolve. When I advised them that I had replaced mine they told me that there was nothing they could do for me and that I would have to take it up with Jayco at the factory. Was also told that the replacement parts would be supplied by the factory (Thor) and that in order to qualify for warranty the work MUST be done by the dealer at their location. WHAT A COP OUT. Our RV, like thousands of others, is permanently placed in an RV park. Ours is set up adjacent to a 600 SF elevated deck and is not moving any time soon. So in order to qualify for a cheap PRC made crap replacement I have to spend who knows how much in moving and relocating the RV not to mention the cost and time to make the 4 hour drive each way probably twice as they "need it for a week or so". Not to mention the getting in line and waiting your turn for an appointment and how long that will take. Good God, I don't have enough time left in life to waste it on this kind of stuff. I suspect that most of us will do the factory and dealers a favour and just get it done ourselves. It sure as hell will be less expensive on the pocket book as well as frustration levels and I'd bet $ that the factory and dealers are counting in this. Enough said. Happy camping everyone. DIY is rewarding in its own way
Rick H
N/W Ontario, Canada
CBCOCRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 08:55 AM   #43

Two recall confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postmike View Post
I was told the regulator in my Jayco Jay Feather that needed to be replaced was in the stove. But I see a few photos showing the regulator on the propane tanks. Which is the problem? We have been without our trailer for eight weeks. Not good!
I believe that you may be confused by the fact that there is one recall for the bad propane regulator and a second one for a potential supply line problem with the Dometic propane stove. I am awaiting parts to fix both on my 2020 265 RLS trailer. No promise from the dealer on when I will get parts for either one!
Harold N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 09:06 AM   #44

[QUOTE=CBCOCRBO;992184]Hi Everyone. I have to chime in on this one. This issue is going to be a s--t show given the industry wide literally thousands of defective regulators out there. We own a 2020 29RKS. Ours crapped out about 8 weeks ago (before notice of recall was made) and I had to react to the situation immediately. On the advice of a tech at our local propane appliance store I purchased a MEGR-253 at a cost of $110 Canadian.

Good to know the MEGR-253 holds up well in cold weather. i jut ordered one on Amazon $85.. They are currently out of stock but states "in stock soon".. Our local RV shop has them in stock but they want $123.00 I don't plan on using RV again until Thanksgiving so hopefully i'll have mine by then,
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 12:13 PM   #45
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by garywilson View Post
It will look something like this... between supply line and manifold. Yours may or may not have one.

https://getrvparts.com/atwood-wedgew...ove-regulator/
..............and now the $25. stove regulator is no longer available. You have to buy the whole assy. $140.00?

https://getrvparts.com/atwood-wedgew...gulator-51062/
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 04:02 PM   #46

regulator indicator issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms View Post
Our dealer said it will be months before they can replace our recalled propane regulator. We have a 22RL Jayfeather. I've seen lots of threads with replacement links but many are out of stock. Also seen a lot of threads where the replacement ones Kayco will have dealer put in are cheap and leak. We would like to do it ourselves but would like to put in one that isn't going to leak (better quality) Which regulators are you putting in (brand and model ) would like to do a search to see if we can find one! Not using our propane has been beyond a hassle!
So the top of the propane cover opens up so you can reach the valves but you can't see the regulator switchover indicator. You must remove the cover to see if one tank is empty. I ordered a Cavagna 52-A-890-0006C Auto Changeover Regulator Kit (approx $60). You can see the indicator from above.
RichCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:48 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCOCRBO View Post
Hi Everyone. I have to chime in on this one. This issue is going to be a s--t show given the industry wide literally thousands of defective regulators out there.
Like others, we had to get ours done early because of a failure (actually we didn't know that it failed, we had 4 weeks of camping coming up in July and took it in to get pressure tested and it failed). Jayco is not reimbursing even though the dealer replaced it because we contacted Jayco outside of the 10 day window for the recall letter (it was sent out August 3rd and I called them the day I received it here in Canada August 16th).

I'm still fighting the battle; however, I am not holding out much hope.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 09:39 AM   #48

Hey guys,

Is Thor Industries company a reliable brand? I have read some Thor Industries reviews but want to know your personal experience.
Rihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 10:46 AM   #49

This one works good for me.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rubber Man is offline   Reply With Quote