Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcorvair View Post
after a little over a year of using my new 2013 whitehawk 28DSBH my rear wheels got way out of camber. I looked under the trailer and the axle was bending!

I called Dexter Axles directly, gave them a few numbers from my trailer and the axle tubes and they confirmed that they have been having this issue with early whitehawks that had the wide stance axles. I know the 28DSBH like mine does. Turns out that during tight manuvering all that tire deflection is bending the axles.

They agreed to have any dealer I choose install new axles. Since I feel more comfortable doing things myself I asked if that was a possiblity and they had no problem. they shipped me two complete axles with new Brakes, Drums and Spings, all assembled and ready to install. they also said if I had any abnormal tire wear, they would pay to replace the tire.

Im really impressed with they way Dexter stood up as they are even paying me a few bucks to make the repairs. I just have to send in a pic of the old axles cut in half.

If you have a whitehawk with the Wide Stance Axles, go outside and check them now! If they are 2-3/8" Axle tubes, than you will likely have this issue. The new Trailers are coming with upgraded 3" Axle tubes and that is what they sent me.
Need to add to all that have a late model 2016 jayco DSBH white hawk as i do and have the wide stance axles with lippert 2 3/8 axles you will also have issues. I am going on a second set of axles now due to rear axle lossing its camber and now have been told that lippert nor jayco will do anything to warranty my unit because i am 1 month 3 weeks out of warranty. They claim i am overliading my unit. I am through dealing with both manufacturers. POOR CUSTOMER SEVICE ALL THE WAY AROUND...NO CALL BACKS VERY DISAPOINTED. Could not wait to buy a Jayco and love the layout. But common repsonse from both manufacturers is that they supplied what is designed and blaming me. Clearly they have an issue with the 2 3/8 axles and do not want to do anything about it. So i have now ordered 3 inch diameter axles 3500 and installing myself....truley a shame....buyer to look before you buy. I want to let all to know i dont usually do a rant or rave type emails just want to be treated fairly...this is also a dangerous situation. Thank you all for looking.

Btbdold1 is offline   Reply With Quote