Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2017, 01:12 PM   #1

2007 Jayco Jayflight - propane oven won't fire

I just tried firing up the oven for the first time and it won't light. What are the best troubleshooting steps to identify the problem?

Note: the propane water heater and propane stove both work perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
lancedobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:21 PM   #2

On a 2007 model, you my have a thermocouple pilot light that has to light first. Look for a small knob that says "off-light-operate" or similar, a pilot light, and a small button (usually red) that you hold while you light the pilot light. To operate, turn the knob to light, have a match or lighter handy, push the red button, and then light the pilot. After it lights, you have to continue to hold the button for a minute or so until the thermocouple gets hot enough to stay open, then turn the knob to operate. When you break camp, turn the small knob back to off.

The purpose of the thermocouple is to prevent a continuous flow of LP gas when the pilot goes out. (like when you are changing out an empty tank.) Newer units have electronic ignition, eliminating the pilot light.

Hope this helps some!!!

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
On a 2007 model, you my have a thermocouple pilot light that has to light first. Look for a small knob that says "off-light-operate" or similar, a pilot light, and a small button (usually red) that you hold while you light the pilot light. To operate, turn the knob to light, have a match or lighter handy, push the red button, and then light the pilot. After it lights, you have to continue to hold the button for a minute or so until the thermocouple gets hot enough to stay open, then turn the knob to operate. When you break camp, turn the small knob back to off.

The purpose of the thermocouple is to prevent a continuous flow of LP gas when the pilot goes out. (like when you are changing out an empty tank.) Newer units have electronic ignition, eliminating the pilot light.

Hope this helps some!!!
So I figured it out. The sparker doesn't seem to be working but a quick long lighter got the pilot started. It fired right up last night! Thanks for your help!

Old 05-15-2017, 02:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post

Hope this helps some!!!
Fire_Instructor... Do you have electronic ignition in your oven with the North Point? I was not aware this has changed. I still have a pilot light in my 2017 Eagle.
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
John7349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by John7349 View Post
Fire_Instructor... Do you have electronic ignition in your oven with the North Point? I was not aware this has changed. I still have a pilot light in my 2017 Eagle.
Mine is a 2007, so probably different model?