Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #1

2010 33rlds major problems.

My wife and i bought ourselves a shiny new 2010 TT on December 24/2011. This was our Christmas present to ourselves.
At first we loved the unit and hauled that thing everywhere. We were not without our problems. the first time we were leaving for a trip to Idaho, the water pump wouldn't work, luckly the dealer replaced it while we waited. In the last 10 months, it has been at the dealer for almost 2 months getting repairs done. As i type this the unit is once again back at the dealer for the last 10 days and i am being told it may be another week.
here is a list of my problems.
i will start with problems that have been fixed.
1-water pump- replaced
2-hot water tank- replaced (twice)
3-leak at lower back of dinette seat-repaired (still waiting for facia board...2 months)
4-leak at back left shelves-repaired
5-co2 detector was faulty-replaced
new and ongoing problems
1-carpet fraying on right slider-was told we were waiting for approval from Jayco (2 months)
2-kitchen floor has buckled
3-carpet buckled in bedroom, traveland tried to re-stretch, put a 1.5" dia hole in middle of carpet.....waiting 2 months for replacement
4-kitchen sink leaks
5-bathroom sink has cracked.... traveland noted that nothing was dropped in it to do this.
6-awning leaks
7-leak at back right hand side shelves... wood trim has swollen out
8-ceiling at entrance is bowing down
9-ceiling above table is peeling (due to water damage?)
10-sliders drag on floor when opening or closing.
11-couch cusions have lost all firmness..... can feel the steel bars when sitting down
12-dinette cusions have lost all firmness. can feel the wood when sitting on them
13-bedroom mattress is shot... can feel all springs in the mattress
14-oven doesn't always light.... have to hold pilot light for 7-8 minutes to have it remain on.

Today i received a call from the dealer telling me that the lino for the kitchen is not available anymore and we have to pick out a new design. The will only lay the lino over the existing and not under cabinets.(cut around them) and it will not be a perfect job.
2 calls and 3 emails to jayco have not been returned.
Kinda of at my wits end with this unit and do not recommend purchasing.

Sean597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I'd be a little peeved too.
Sounds like a lot of water damage.
Cushions don't surprise me, RV cushions are pretty cheap stuff.
I guess I would go to small claims court and file suit for maximum $3,000 and see if I got their attention. Only costs about $9.00

Hope you get some results.

Best regards,
Doug

Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #3

the cushions are what they are..... i do however own a 1991 14.5' security camper that we purchased new. it is now 21 years old and the king mattress and dinette cushions are like new.(still rock hard).
Guess the new material they use is to bring the weight down.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #4

does the "lemon law" apply to TT's? If so I think I would go for it! Your unit must have been the last one built on Christmas Eve or something. Good luck to you.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
Site Team

Someone in the last year posted some good info on help if you have a 'lemon rv'. This isn't the link, but maybe it could help find out about your state's rv lemon laws...
-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean597 View Post
snip.....Today i received a call from the dealer telling me that the lino for the kitchen is not available anymore and we have to pick out a new design. The will only lay the lino over the existing and not under cabinets.(cut around them) and it will not be a perfect job.....snip
Sorry to hear about all the problems...., but I had to have all my lino replaced under warranty a few years ago. What my Jayco dealership did was use a razor knife to cut out the old lino along the floor edge of the cabinets, door jams, walls, etc., and once he had the old lino out he used it as a template for the new. To address the lino trim edge at the cabinets, etc., he installed some quarter round that actually turned out better than the original IMO.

Just food for thought.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (integrated sway control)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #7

As i live in Canada, at this time we do not have lemon laws... We do have a consumer protection agency which i have already contacted.
As of tonight, the dealer informed us that they will need another 2 weeks or so to finish the repairs. also told us that the new lino will affect the resale and trade in value because it won't match the existing under
the cabinets. They will not remove the cabinets and will only "push" the new lino under them, which will curl up.
they also informed that the peeling above the dinette on the ceiling was just overspray of some sort starting to flake........ i call bull****.
the buckle in the kitchen floor was not properly screwed down at the manufacturer..... they said it is now fixed. nice to know that my TT was bending in the middle.

Rustic Eagle... thanks for the photo's, that looks great.. i will mention that to them and see what they say. The other problem is that the new lino doesn't match the rest of the decor.. very light in color compared to original.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean597 View Post
snip....The other problem is that the new lino doesn't match the rest of the decor.. very light in color compared to original.
Tell them you want to see some more color samples, and what they are offering isn't good enough.

In respect to the lino installation, I wouldn't see what they think....., I would take the position since they aren't installing the new lino under the cabinets like the existing lino, then you expect the quarter round being incorporated. I'm also not to crazy about the idea of placing the new lino over the old.

That's just me

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (integrated sway control)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #9

Quote:
I'm also not to crazy about the idea of placing the new lino over the old.
that's what i told them seeing how they had to cut the floor apart to fix the buckle in it. guess i will keep fighting with them. Problem is, they are the only Jayco dealer in the area.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:22 AM   #10

Sean, I am sorry to hear that your having so many issues with your trailer. I know it rains a lot in the lower mainland but that's still no reason to have so many leaks on such a new trailer. Traveland charged me 25 percent restocking fee for returning a extra Max Air vent cover I bought there. Later when I wanted a Jayco trailer they had I purchased the same one from Voyager RV in Winfield. 250 miles away. It was also over 3000 dollars cheaper than Travelland. My jayco is having warranty work done on it now. I take it to the Jayco dealer across the line in Mount Vernon.Blade RV. An hours drive from you. Very happy with them so far. The manager phoned me from California while on holidays to update me on the repairs. It takes 3 weeks for parts to come from Jayco.
I do like Bobs suggestion but here is one more. Phone Jayco and ask if they would pay to have laminate put down. The color match and look would be better. Given all the problems you had they may agree. You also have a opportunity to get rid of the cheap plastic sink. Get a nice stainless steel one put in. Ask Jayco to have a Seal Tec test done to check for anymore leaks, but not by Travelland. Lastly there is another Jayco dealer in Aldergrove called Kustom Koach. Not very far from Langley.Good Luck

Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote