Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #1

2010 eagle 365bhs bunk slides not plumb when extended

I am a new owner of a 2010 eagle 365BHS, just got home today and opened her up and noticed that when the bunk slide outs are fully extended the top of the slides won't extend the last 3 inches.
I went inside climbed up inside to look and could see daylight on top of the slideouts. It does have awnings on the slides and I thought that maybe those were holding in the tops of the slides but when I turned open the awnings to free any tension on the slide the slides didn't extend out. I am wondering if anybody has had this problem is there an adjustment that can be made to the bunk slides so they extend out all the way on top? or is there a different problem maybe? any help would be greatly appreciated.
NTDFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:16 AM   #2

Welcome. Is it only the tops and both bunk slides? Are you hitting the wall on the lower portions of the slides? There are adjustments but if you are off by three inches there is something binding up.

1.Did you check the roof and trim for obstructions from the inside? Sometimes things can fall while in travel and then create the issue. Do this first and if clear move to the second option.

2.Retract the slide fully, then have someone work the switch while you gingerly push the top portion of the slide as it goes out to see if it resolves the issue. If it does then the slide needs to be adjusted down from the outside and a dealer should do this. My large slide was binding up and needed this after it's first few moves due to it binding up in a corner. The slides should have the ability to slide under the roof flap without catching.

Good luck. We love ours.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #3

X2 If you don't have an obstruction then you need a COMPETENT dealer. There are a lot of techs working in dealerships that don't know much about adjusting a slide.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #4

well i looked today and definitley no obstructions, did a little searching on lippert electric slides, not sure if its even one of those but I had no experience with dealers in area so I got out a level and a 3/4" wrench and marked my starting point as is reference mark and marked bolts on vertical adjustment and loosened up clamp bolts on outside of slide and dropped the slide down on the outside in small increments equal on both sides and it eventually came real close to plumb. The slides are sealing up finally on the inside when extended now. Before i could see daylight from the inside on the tops. been raining all day and no leaks. Seemed pretty straight forward adjustment.
NTDFamily is offline   Reply With Quote