Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2022, 08:35 PM   #1

Question 2011 Jayco FKS32 Eagle shower leak

Hello, We just took delivery of a good used 2011 Jayco 32' Eagle. We got it set on our seasonal lot after its 85 mile journey. No issues on the trip. We've been using it for a couple weeks now. Noticing a water leak coming out from under the shower pan onto the vinyl floor right when you go into the bath area from the living room. I'm thinking the trip jostled the drain pipe loose maybe. The only access I see to even look under there with a phone scope or something is from under the sink to the right of the shower pan/enclosure. I would think they would have made an acess panel to get to the underside of the shower pan. Has anyone had this issue and how did you solve it. Maybe I have to make an acess from under the trailer? Thanks in advance.
Roboink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:37 AM   #2
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboink View Post
Hello, We just took delivery of a good used 2011 Jayco 32' Eagle. We got it set on our seasonal lot after its 85 mile journey. No issues on the trip. We've been using it for a couple weeks now. Noticing a water leak coming out from under the shower pan onto the vinyl floor right when you go into the bath area from the living room. I'm thinking the trip jostled the drain pipe loose maybe. The only access I see to even look under there with a phone scope or something is from under the sink to the right of the shower pan/enclosure. I would think they would have made an acess panel to get to the underside of the shower pan. Has anyone had this issue and how did you solve it. Maybe I have to make an acess from under the trailer? Thanks in advance.
The likely culprit is a loose strainer nut, which you can only access from underneath the pan. If the strainer is loose water runs underneath the flange on the top side and onto the floor under the pan. Ordinarily there'd be plumbers putty or a very thin gasket under the flange and then the nut pulls the flange tight against the floor of the shower. Other possibilities could be a hairline crack in the pan, a leak in the riser in the wall, or perhaps a crack in the drain line above the floor. One way to confirm whether or not it's the strainer is to run a very thin bead of tub and tile caulk or clear silicone around the outsude of the strainer flange, let it dry and then use the shower, (don't just run the water, the floor flexes so someone needs to stand inside).
There will be others along who may have other and perhaps even better suggestions.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, shower leak, water connections