Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #1

2011 jayco sidewalls

Went camping two weeks ago and came back home and fond a bubble below the window on the sideout. Bubble seems to be between the fiberglass and wood. Went camping this weekend and came home and now where the upper ladder mount is the exterior wall is pulled out about 1/4 inch in a 6" by 12" spot. Any thoughts on whats going on. Jayco Eagle super lite 28.5 RSL
ngsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngsnow View Post
Went camping two weeks ago and came back home and fond a bubble below the window on the sideout. Bubble seems to be between the fiberglass and wood. Went camping this weekend and came home and now where the upper ladder mount is the exterior wall is pulled out about 1/4 inch in a 6" by 12" spot. Any thoughts on whats going on. Jayco Eagle super lite 28.5 RSL
Sounds like delamination to me. I had the same problem on a 2005 JayFeather. Had to replace the whole rear wall. Then I sold it!
Old 07-21-2015, 07:36 PM   #3

I have a 2011 jayco eagle the exterior fiberglass is looking like a spider web. You can see the fiberglass lines . I called jayco about it and they said the warranty is out and it's only going to get worst. I feel a 5 year old camper shouldn't be looking like this. Has anyone else had this problem with their siding or if anyone has any ideas. I feel jayco should fix it.
timleenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngsnow View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone is going to have good news for you. I have a trailer the same year and model as yours; I feel your pain.

Here are my thoughts. First, determine if the damage is on-going (it probably is) and how bad the damage is and stop new water intrusion.

For the damage below the window on the slide, you could remove the window, then by gently prying and prodding see how much of the side is loose. If only a little, you could find a dry place or make one for your trailer and let it dry out. Squirt in some glue, put pressure on the side somehow to push the layers together, and hope for the best. Replace and re-seal ALL the windows.

For the area at the rear near the ladder, I don't know any easy way to even try to fix it. The main thing is to stop more water from getting inside; there could be a leak at the roofline, from the side seams, window, clearance lights or from the ladder mounts themselves.

You should check all the seams of any sort all over your trailer and reseal as necessary.

Here's some links that might help; there are numerous others on this site and others.

Eternabond Roof Repair

Window Reseal

Delamination Repair
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote