Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #1

2013 Jayflight Swift 267BHS problem!!! / design flaw????

Hi all. I picked up my 267BHS from the dealer in early May as it had just arrived from the factory. After a few great trips I was flushing out the grey and black water tanks. After a successful flush of the Black water I began to flush the grey water tank. At about 2/3 the way full the tank made a funny creak and then dropped onto my Driveway!!!!!!! Yes, you heard me. I have been in contact with Jayco and Albany RV (NY) has been fantastic. They (Albany) reinstalled the tank and after testing it the service manager refused the fix and got Jayco to authorize a different tank be installed. Apparently the original grey tank (and possibly the black too) isn't holding its pre molded form and as a result deforms as it fills up. This deformation allows it to slip out of the L-Brackets that hold it up. Has anyone experienced anything like this with their Swift?
Cecil1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to Metalbox
2013 Jayflight Swift 267BHS problem!!! / design flaw????

May I suggest changing your diet lol j/k. I hope they fixed that issue because I have a 2014 swift....
Metalbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #3

Welcome to JOF Cecil1776. Wow, what a surprise you got. Glad Jayco and your dealer are working the problem out. Hope your future RV'ing experiences are not so bad.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #4

Hello

sorry to hear, I have the same trailer, same year and have had very few problems, all small in nature. The dealer has repaired them, no questions asked. I wish you the better times with your trailer
mainecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #5

Cecil, any chance you can explain or post pics of how the repair was done. This has been a concern of mine and I have talked to jayco about it but really didn't get anywhere.
Nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #6

My friend's black tank just fell off this past weekend, seems to be a design flaw with the tank clips….worth a look the next time in the dealership
woopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #7

Wow, my 2014 Swift grey water tank just started to leak about 1/3rd full. I hope it's not ready to fall out too.
I also bought mine from Albany RV and have an appointment for repair next month. I'm happy to hear they fixed yours.
tawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:20 PM   #8

I have not heard much on this forum but on the forum of my previous 5th wheel manufacturer, I heard about a lot of leaks and breaks in tanks. Some thought it was the way the tanks are supported but others thought it was from defective tank manufacturing. I happen to believe the latter. Somewhere on UTube there is a video showing the manufacture of these tanks. It seems to be a very un-sophisticated way of tank making (but, then again, what do I know about making plastic tanks ). Somehow the molten plastic is "spun" into a tank. I guess it works but there seems to be no way of making sure the "plastic" is of uniform thickness throughout the tank.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote