Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-29-2014, 12:38 PM   #1

2013 Whitehawk 29SQB

Hello All

We bought this trailer in August of this year and so far we have a love hate relationship with it so far and according to this forum I must be the only person to buy one. lol. Since we have bought it we have parked in a campground where it will stay until we decide to move it. Ever since the first trip we have found something wrong with it. They aren't life and death things but enough to make you sour about the product. The list includes:
  • the taps in the kitchen leaking water (fixed by dealer)
  • latches not locking on the outside lockers (fixed by dealer/myself)
  • the MaxView doesn't open right, the screen comes with the window
  • the pantry cabinets do not close right
  • broken cold emblem on the cold tap in the bathroom
I know some of those is bellyaching but we bought this as a brand new trailer and got a great deal of it. The dealer we bought it from is 50 mins away. Should I get a closer dealer to look at it? or can I even get another Jayco dealer to look at it?
pinger316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #2

From my experience every new trailer will need to go into the dealer once, sometimes twice, for warranty work. Guys on this form (much like myself) seem to be those blessed/cursed with a fine tuned attention to detail, and guys working in RV shops and those conducting the PDI's seem not to be. We see the problems right away that others don't pick up on.

Also, these trailers get whipped together in a hurry during assembly to maximize production. They rely on dealerships to take care of the quick fixes so they can keep pumping out trailers. You are fortunate in the aspect that the issues you have listed are very fixable and relatively minor. Once you drag it back and they are cleared up, you'll love the thing even more.
SkyBound is offline   Reply With Quote