Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2024, 07:03 AM   #1

2014 38FLFS Seam Tape

I've been working through some updates, maintenance and modifications on our rig. I had a water leak a couple of years ago which I was sure I isolated on the roof and will be also doing a liquid rubber coating on eventually. I've noticed my seam tape (almost everywhere?) starting to bubble and some of the wall seams shift a little and I'm not entirely sure why but I suspect maybe there was more water slowly seeping in and has possibly swelled. For posterity the RV is in a permanent location and never moves.

I'd like to possibly check a couple of locations to see if there's anything I should continue to be concerned with but I dont want to start heating/pulling seam tape unless I can get replacement tape

Does anyone know of any good sources (I'm in Canada) that might have legacy seam tape? The colour/pattern I'm told from Jayco, who said it doesn't exist anymore and is obsolete being 11 years old is Bismark Wheat. All Jayco said was "Sorry for the inconvenience"

Assuming I can't find anything ... what have others possibly done for older units??
Attached Thumbnails
20240614_210145.jpg   20240614_210202.jpg   20240614_210646.jpg   20240614_210714.jpg   20240614_210718.jpg  

lselinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 09:25 AM   #2

Have you checked with your dealer? Some stock small rolls as the interiors change.
Old 06-18-2024, 09:39 AM   #3

Due to how things like this age over time, even if you could find the exact seam tape color/pattern, I would bet that it would be brighter and would not be an exact match and instead the new tape would likely be much more noticeable along the seams when compared to what you already have. ~CA
Old 06-18-2024, 01:03 PM   #4
Site Team

Colored seam tape is available. getting an exact match is a crap shoot. I would not be to concerned about the exact match as it's not that visible from the ground.

https://www.amazon.com/EternaBond-Ro..._source=1&th=1
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 06:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Have you checked with your dealer? Some stock small rolls as the interiors change.
I sent my local dealer an email but based on the response from Jayco i wasn't very optimistic. As it turns out they still had some a roll on a shelf collecting dust. They didn't want to part with the entire role but they gave me ~50'
lselinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 07:07 AM   #6
Site Team

My local dealer closed recently. I don't have a local dealer anymore that I know.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote